Staredit Network > Forums > SC2 Assistance > Topic: [Solved] Event Definition
[Solved] Event Definition
This topic is locked. You can no longer write replies here.
Nov 29 2012, 9:38 am
By: payne  

Nov 29 2012, 9:38 am payne Post #1

:payne:

How do Event Definitions work?

I have been wondering if it is possible do something like having a single trigger that would let merge "Unit Enters Region "Region 1"" and "Unit Enters Region "Region 2"" (two different events that would require two triggers) into something like "Unit Enters Region "Region x"" where I would set somewhere that "x+1=x" until it reaches a certain amount.

Not sure if that is clear enough.

Basically, I have 13 different triggers that have only one thing different from each other: the Region used in the event. I'd like to know if I can shrink it all to one single trigger.



None.

Nov 29 2012, 9:52 am TF- Post #2

🤙🏾

I'm not sure if you can define that type of event, anyway here you could:
- merge your multiple regions into one region from the terrain editor, just look at the menus
- leave region as 'any region' in the event, then put an Or in conditions and many comparisons in it comparing 'triggering region' with your regions



🤙🏾

Nov 29 2012, 10:17 am payne Post #3

:payne:

Quote from TF-
I'm not sure if you can define that type of event, anyway here you could:
- merge your multiple regions into one region from the terrain editor, just look at the menus
- leave region as 'any region' in the event, then put an Or in conditions and many comparisons in it comparing 'triggering region' with your regions
I can't find "Any Region". And I must not merge those regions.

I have the same problem with my "Unit Enters/Leaves Point" Events (and you set a radius value).
... But worse: 18 times. And there is more than just the Event that changes from one trigger to another in this case.



None.

Nov 29 2012, 10:29 am DevliN Post #4

Woah

I'm not sure if it helps, but you can make one trigger with 13 "If, Then" Actions instead of 13 separate ones. Though based on TF-'s response I'm not sure if that's what you're asking about.



:devlin: Currently Working On: :devlin:
Myself

Dec 1 2012, 9:27 pm Sacrieur Post #5

Still Napping

Events are not conditions and are subject to OR logic. If any of the events occur, then the sc2 client checks the conditions. If ALL of the conditions return true, then the actions are executed.

I looked for a way of lumping all of your regions into a single variable, but it appears there is no way (at least not easily) of doing it. It is possible to duplicate your regions, merge the duplicated regions together, and then use this single region to define what you need. I suggest merely writing more than one event.

But, I get the impression you need AND logic for your map, is this correct?



None.

Dec 2 2012, 4:40 am payne Post #6

:payne:

Quote from Sacrieur
But, I get the impression you need AND logic for your map, is this correct?
What do you mean?

I have two types of triggers that I'd like to modify:
1) Players are within a certain range from a point, and it starts the corresponding level for the players.
2) Flying units leave a region, and they are sent back in the arena.

Now, all those regions/points cannot be merged together: points simply can't, and the map is a template for people to use, which means they will be moving the individual regions around the map independently.



None.

Dec 2 2012, 2:57 pm Sacrieur Post #7

Still Napping

I see, well.

Just add multiple events. The "triggering region" function should get you what you need.

An event is any in-game phenomenon. It can be anything from gathering minerals to destroying a building. Events define not the conditions of what a trigger needs to fire, but rather when to check the conditions of a trigger. Oftentimes, it is best to find the most optimal event for your trigger to maximize trigger performance. In addition, there are also recurring events, or something that will check conditions based on a real time timer (anything from once every two seconds to 11.9 times a second).

For example, if you had an event hat read, "Unit X leaves Region 001." Then every time unit X left region 001, the conditions of the trigger would be evaluated.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Dec 2 2012, 3:32 pm by Sacrieur.



None.

Dec 4 2012, 6:44 am payne Post #8

:payne:

Worked for my Air-mover trigger.
The other one, I do not want it to be like that in the end.

Topic to be closed. :lock:



None.

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[02:53 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: I'll check it out this weekend!
Thanks
[02:47 am]
Symmetry -- I'll check it out this weekend!
[02:40 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
I invite you to try out the map I modified. I don't have the creativity to create maps from scratch, but I do have the know-how to modify existing ones; my project is to tweak community campaigns (specifically those with errors—to make them playable.
[02:27 am]
Symmetry -- Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
[01:51 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Now that I wanted to change my avatar, the error image is showing up, haha.
[01:34 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
I invite you to try out a mission I'm modifying from *StarCraft Reversed*; I'm trying to make it more playable and challenging.
[01:33 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
[01:31 am]
Ultraviolet -- Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
[12:20 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
[12:04 am]
Ultraviolet -- https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: UndeadStar, Ultraviolet