Staredit Network > Forums > SC2 Assistance > Topic: [SOLVED] Execution took too long
[SOLVED] Execution took too long
Nov 28 2012, 1:04 pm
By: payne  

Nov 28 2012, 1:04 pm payne Post #1

:payne:

Here is my Action Definition:

Code
Assign units to random players
   Options: Action
   Return Type: (None)
   Parameters
       Players' units region = No Region <Region>
   Grammar Text: Assign units to random players(Players' units region)
   Hint Text: (None)
   Custom Script Code
   Local Variables
       Successful attempts = 0 <Integer>
       Players' units = (Empty unit group) <Unit Group>
       Random Unit = No Unit <Unit>
       SelectedPlayer = 0 <Integer>
   Actions
       General - While (Conditions) are true, do (Actions)
           Conditions
               (Number of Living units in (Any units in Players' units region owned by player 0 matching Excluded: Missile, Dead, Hidden, with at most Any Amount)) != 0
           Actions
               Variable - Set Players' units = (Any units in Players' units region owned by player 0 matching Excluded: Missile, Dead, Hidden, with at most Any Amount)
               General - If (Conditions) then do (Actions) else do (Actions)
                   If
                       Successful attempts == (Number of players in human players)
                   Then
                       General - Pick each integer from 1 to number of players, and do (Actions)
                           Actions
                               Variable - Set PlayersIsChosen[(Picked integer)] = False
                   Else
               Variable - Set SelectedPlayer = (Random integer between 1 and number of players)
               General - While (Conditions) are true, do (Actions)
                   Conditions
                       Or
                           Conditions
                               (Controller of player SelectedPlayer) != User
                               PlayersIsChosen[SelectedPlayer] == True
                   Actions
                       Variable - Set SelectedPlayer = (Random integer between 1 and number of players)
               Variable - Set PlayersIsChosen[SelectedPlayer] = True
               Variable - Modify Successful attempts: + 1
               Variable - Set Random Unit = (Random Living unit from Players' units)
               Unit - Change ownership of Random Unit to player SelectedPlayer and Change Color
               Unit - Make Random Unit Vulnerable
               Unit Group - Remove Random Unit from Players' units


Whenever I run it, sc2 warns me that the execution took too long and it stops running it.
I haven't seen it change ownership of more than 2 units out of the total of units.
My goal is to have it so that it selects a random unit in a region, and gives it to a random player. Then does the same thing for all the players of a certain Player Group. However, it must not give another unit to a player as long as all players haven't received their unit (this is to make sure I do not end up with Player 1 controlling all the units).

Additional (global) variables:
Code
PlayersIsChosen = False <Boolean[6]>
human players = (Empty player group) <Player Group>
number of players = 6 <Integer>


"human players" player group is containing the User players of another player group containing all the team 1 allied players. The map is set up for 6 allied players, but say the Players 4 and 6 are missing, "human players" would contain Players 1, 2, 3, and 5.

EDIT: No idea why I didn't think about that solution before.
Code
Assign units to random players
   Options: Action
   Return Type: (None)
   Parameters
       Players' units region = No Region <Region>
   Grammar Text: Assign units to random players(Players' units region)
   Hint Text: (None)
   Custom Script Code
   Local Variables
       Players' units = (Empty unit group) <Unit Group>
       Random Unit = No Unit <Unit>
   Actions
       General - While (Conditions) are true, do (Actions)
           Conditions
               (Number of Living units in (Any units in Players' units region owned by player 0 matching Excluded: Missile, Dead, Hidden, with at most Any Amount)) != 0
           Actions
               Player Group - Pick each player in human players and do (Actions)
                   Actions
                       Variable - Set Players' units = (Any units in Players' units region owned by player 0 matching Excluded: Missile, Dead, Hidden, with at most Any Amount)
                       Variable - Set Random Unit = (Random Living unit from Players' units)
                       Unit - Change ownership of Random Unit to player (Picked player) and Change Color
                       Unit - Make Random Unit Vulnerable
                       Unit Group - Remove Random Unit from Players' units


Post has been edited 8 time(s), last time on Nov 28 2012, 1:55 pm by payne.



None.

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[02:53 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: I'll check it out this weekend!
Thanks
[02:47 am]
Symmetry -- I'll check it out this weekend!
[02:40 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
I invite you to try out the map I modified. I don't have the creativity to create maps from scratch, but I do have the know-how to modify existing ones; my project is to tweak community campaigns (specifically those with errors—to make them playable.
[02:27 am]
Symmetry -- Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
[01:51 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Now that I wanted to change my avatar, the error image is showing up, haha.
[01:34 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
I invite you to try out a mission I'm modifying from *StarCraft Reversed*; I'm trying to make it more playable and challenging.
[01:33 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
[01:31 am]
Ultraviolet -- Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
[12:20 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
[12:04 am]
Ultraviolet -- https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: sarahtaylor