Staredit Network > Forums > SC2 Assistance > Topic: Detecting 2HT->Archon
Detecting 2HT->Archon
Nov 28 2012, 10:15 am
By: payne  

Nov 28 2012, 10:15 am payne Post #1

:payne:

I want to detect when a player would morph his two HTs into an Archon.
I am currently using Unit Groups to determine the number of units left for a player. But when a player morphs his HTs, it kind of kills the system because the HT units are not removed from the Unit Group, and the Archon isn't added into it.

How do?



None.

Nov 28 2012, 11:22 am DevliN Post #2

Woah

You should be able to detect when the merge ability is used in the Event of the trigger.



:devlin: Currently Working On: :devlin:
Myself

Nov 28 2012, 12:59 pm payne Post #3

:payne:

Quote from DevliN
You should be able to detect when the merge ability is used in the Event of the trigger.
But what if the player cancels before it happens?



None.

Nov 28 2012, 1:24 pm luzz Post #4



Run another trigger, but change the ability effect to cancel. There are lots of different point in the ability that you can detect, and I'm pretty sure you can detect when a player cancels as well.



None.

Dec 4 2012, 6:33 pm Sacrieur Post #5

Still Napping

Do you need to know when an archon is created, when the player merges two templar, or when the two templar merge together?



None.

Dec 4 2012, 9:35 pm Ahli Post #6

I do stuff and thingies... Try widening and reducing the number of small nooks and crannies to correct the problem.

Just detect that the morph ability is executed or the actor morphing starts...

Tinker with the event thing until you find one that works for the Archon merger.




Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[02:53 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: I'll check it out this weekend!
Thanks
[02:47 am]
Symmetry -- I'll check it out this weekend!
[02:40 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
I invite you to try out the map I modified. I don't have the creativity to create maps from scratch, but I do have the know-how to modify existing ones; my project is to tweak community campaigns (specifically those with errors—to make them playable.
[02:27 am]
Symmetry -- Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
[01:51 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Now that I wanted to change my avatar, the error image is showing up, haha.
[01:34 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
I invite you to try out a mission I'm modifying from *StarCraft Reversed*; I'm trying to make it more playable and challenging.
[01:33 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
[01:31 am]
Ultraviolet -- Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
[12:20 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
[12:04 am]
Ultraviolet -- https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: lifebot