Staredit Network > Forums > SC2 Assistance > Topic: [Solved] Changing Doodad's color
[Solved] Changing Doodad's color
This topic is locked. You can no longer write replies here.
Nov 27 2012, 8:19 am
By: payne  

Nov 27 2012, 8:19 am payne Post #1

:payne:

I want to change a doodad's color via triggers. How do?
(The doodad is "Force Field Wall" if you are curious. I'd like it to either stay blue as it is, or to be set to look red.)



None.

Nov 27 2012, 8:27 am DevliN Post #2

Woah

I believe there is a "Set tint" (or something similar) action to do that.

EDIT:
Wait, crap, that may just be for units/buildings. If you need it to be changed via triggers, you could theoretically make the doodad into an unselectable unit.



:devlin: Currently Working On: :devlin:
Myself

Nov 27 2012, 9:03 am payne Post #3

:payne:

Quote from DevliN
I believe there is a "Set tint" (or something similar) action to do that.

EDIT:
Wait, crap, that may just be for units/buildings. If you need it to be changed via triggers, you could theoretically make the doodad into an unselectable unit.
Then, can you tell me how to make an unselectable unit with a doodad's image?



None.

Nov 27 2012, 9:36 am DevliN Post #4

Woah

Create a unit, set the unit's actor to the same actor the doodad uses, and then set the unit's flags to "Unselectable", "Untargetable", "Invulnerable".



:devlin: Currently Working On: :devlin:
Myself

Nov 27 2012, 10:03 am TF- Post #5

🤙🏾

There's a 'send actor message' trigger action that can be used to send tinting/etc messages to any actor, unit or doodad.



🤙🏾

Nov 27 2012, 10:55 am Ahli Post #6

I do stuff and thingies... Try widening and reducing the number of small nooks and crannies to correct the problem.

If it is preplaced, you should be able to tint it in the preplaced doodad's properties.

If you want to tint it more dynamically, you need to send an actor message to the doodad.

If you want to tint all of these doodads from map's start, you can add the following into actor events:
ActorCreation -> Set Tint Color




Nov 27 2012, 11:15 am payne Post #7

:payne:

Quote from TF-
There's a 'send actor message' trigger action that can be used to send tinting/etc messages to any actor, unit or doodad.
Any more details on that? How would I create the said message?
The thing is, I have 2 times the same doodad representing goals. I want one to stay blue since it represents Blue Team's goals, while I'd like the other one to look Red. The message method would only change one doodad's tint, right?
Because I must switch the color of the doodads at some point in the game (teams switch side, and thus their goals should switch colors too).



None.

Nov 27 2012, 11:21 am DevliN Post #8

Woah

As long as you just tint the doodad and not the doodad's actor, it wont affect both.



:devlin: Currently Working On: :devlin:
Myself

Nov 27 2012, 12:16 pm TF- Post #9

🤙🏾

Only one object will be affected, IIRC it's pretty intuitive to use it, you just pick Send Actor Message then mess with the parameters:
- target actor: Actor From Doodad -> Value, then it lets you pick the doodad from the terrain editor, or you can use a Doodad variable (initialized at map start with your doodad)
- message: you can pick Value or Function here, Value gives you the same interface as the data editor, Function means you can use trigger variables as actor message parameters (useful)



🤙🏾

Nov 27 2012, 8:20 pm payne Post #10

:payne:

Quote from TF-
Only one object will be affected, IIRC it's pretty intuitive to use it, you just pick Send Actor Message then mess with the parameters:
- target actor: Actor From Doodad -> Value, then it lets you pick the doodad from the terrain editor, or you can use a Doodad variable (initialized at map start with your doodad)
- message: you can pick Value or Function here, Value gives you the same interface as the data editor, Function means you can use trigger variables as actor message parameters (useful)
Worked perfectly. Thank you.



None.

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[02:53 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: I'll check it out this weekend!
Thanks
[02:47 am]
Symmetry -- I'll check it out this weekend!
[02:40 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
I invite you to try out the map I modified. I don't have the creativity to create maps from scratch, but I do have the know-how to modify existing ones; my project is to tweak community campaigns (specifically those with errors—to make them playable.
[02:27 am]
Symmetry -- Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
[01:51 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Now that I wanted to change my avatar, the error image is showing up, haha.
[01:34 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
I invite you to try out a mission I'm modifying from *StarCraft Reversed*; I'm trying to make it more playable and challenging.
[01:33 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
[01:31 am]
Ultraviolet -- Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
[12:20 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
[12:04 am]
Ultraviolet -- https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: sarahtaylor