Staredit Network > Forums > SC2 Assistance > Topic: Corrupted map?
Corrupted map?
Nov 26 2012, 6:45 am
By: payne  

Nov 26 2012, 6:45 am payne Post #1

:payne:

Remember me talking about Terrain Objects? Well, since I actually deleted it, everything went crazy, and I can't figure out why, and I'm actually not sure it's the cause.

Anyways, so there is that Initialization trigger that sets the lighting to "Total Darkness" for a little 2-seconds intro consisting of images. It then runs a bunch of initializing Action Definitions, and there are a few waits here and there (no idea how Waits work in sc2, maybe it could be the cause?), and then a certain Action Definition is ran (supposedly...) and it sets back the proper lighting to play the rest of the game. Some of those Action Definitions are set as "Create Thread" (no idea what that does...), and some aren't.
Well, the weird thing is that that lighting is set properly when testing locally, but the game goes completely crazy when I try it out online after publishing. The lighting is never resets from Total Darkness, and -a lot- of triggers stop functioning... no idea why!
And sometimes, after closing sc2 to return in the editor, I get a Blue Screen Of Death. It has happened 4 times now just after testing online and closing sc2.

Here is the error that appears whenever I load the map:
Quote
[11/26/2012 12:11:42 AM] Warning: USER: [ 124 5] CActorDoodad[DecalProtoss] DecalProtoss Assets\Doodads\DecalProtoss\DecalProtoss_01.m3; Could not find texture with slot generic01.diffuse and expression Innate.
[11/26/2012 12:11:42 AM] Warning: USER: [ 128 5] CActorDoodad[DecalProtoss] DecalProtoss Assets\Doodads\DecalProtoss\DecalProtoss_01.m3; Could not find texture with slot generic01.diffuse and expression Innate.
[11/26/2012 12:11:42 AM] Warning: USER: [ 12a 5] CActorDoodad[DecalProtoss] DecalProtoss Assets\Doodads\DecalProtoss\DecalProtoss_01.m3; Could not find texture with slot generic01.diffuse and expression Innate.
[11/26/2012 12:11:42 AM] Warning: USER: [ 12c 5] CActorDoodad[DecalProtoss] DecalProtoss Assets\Doodads\DecalProtoss\DecalProtoss_01.m3; Could not find texture with slot generic01.diffuse and expression Innate.
[11/26/2012 12:11:42 AM] Warning: USER: [ 12e 5] CActorDoodad[DecalProtoss] DecalProtoss Assets\Doodads\DecalProtoss\DecalProtoss_01.m3; Could not find texture with slot generic01.diffuse and expression Innate.
[11/26/2012 12:11:42 AM] Warning: USER: [ 130 5] CActorDoodad[DecalProtoss] DecalProtoss Assets\Doodads\DecalProtoss\DecalProtoss_01.m3; Could not find texture with slot generic01.diffuse and expression Innate.
[11/26/2012 12:11:42 AM] Warning: USER: [ 132 5] CActorDoodad[DecalProtoss] DecalProtoss Assets\Doodads\DecalProtoss\DecalProtoss_00.m3; Could not find texture with slot main.diffuse and expression Innate.
[11/26/2012 12:11:42 AM] Warning: USER: [ 134 5] CActorDoodad[DecalProtoss] DecalProtoss Assets\Doodads\DecalProtoss\DecalProtoss_01.m3; Could not find texture with slot generic01.diffuse and expression Innate.
[11/26/2012 12:11:42 AM] Warning: USER: [ 136 5] CActorDoodad[DecalProtoss] DecalProtoss Assets\Doodads\DecalProtoss\DecalProtoss_01.m3; Could not find texture with slot generic01.diffuse and expression Innate.
[11/26/2012 12:11:42 AM] Warning: USER: [ 138 5] CActorDoodad[DecalProtoss] DecalProtoss Assets\Doodads\DecalProtoss\DecalProtoss_01.m3; Could not find texture with slot generic01.diffuse and expression Innate.
[11/26/2012 12:11:42 AM] Warning: USER: [ 13c 5] CActorDoodad[DecalProtoss] DecalProtoss Assets\Doodads\DecalProtoss\DecalProtoss_00.m3; Could not find texture with slot main.diffuse and expression Innate.
[11/26/2012 12:11:42 AM] Warning: USER: [ 13e 5] CActorDoodad[DecalProtoss] DecalProtoss Assets\Doodads\DecalProtoss\DecalProtoss_01.m3; Could not find texture with slot generic01.diffuse and expression Innate.
[11/26/2012 12:11:42 AM] Warning: USER: [ 140 5] CActorDoodad[DecalProtoss] DecalProtoss Assets\Doodads\DecalProtoss\DecalProtoss_00.m3; Could not find texture with slot main.diffuse and expression Innate.
[11/26/2012 12:11:42 AM] Warning: USER: [ 142 5] CActorDoodad[DecalProtoss] DecalProtoss Assets\Doodads\DecalProtoss\DecalProtoss_01.m3; Could not find texture with slot generic01.diffuse and expression Innate.
[11/26/2012 12:11:42 AM] Warning: USER: [ 144 5] CActorDoodad[DecalProtoss] DecalProtoss Assets\Doodads\DecalProtoss\DecalProtoss_01.m3; Could not find texture with slot generic01.diffuse and expression Innate.
[11/26/2012 12:11:42 AM] Warning: USER: [ 148 5] CActorDoodad[DecalProtoss] DecalProtoss Assets\Doodads\DecalProtoss\DecalProtoss_02.m3; Could not find texture with slot generic02.diffuse and expression Innate.
[11/26/2012 12:11:42 AM] Warning: USER: [ 14a 5] CActorDoodad[DecalProtoss] DecalProtoss Assets\Doodads\DecalProtoss\DecalProtoss_01.m3; Could not find texture with slot generic01.diffuse and expression Innate.
[11/26/2012 12:11:42 AM] Warning: USER: [ 14c 5] CActorDoodad[DecalProtoss] DecalProtoss Assets\Doodads\DecalProtoss\DecalProtoss_01.m3; Could not find texture with slot generic01.diffuse and expression Innate.
[11/26/2012 12:11:42 AM] Warning: USER: [ 150 5] CActorDoodad[DecalProtoss] DecalProtoss Assets\Doodads\DecalProtoss\DecalProtoss_01.m3; Could not find texture with slot generic01.diffuse and expression Innate.
[11/26/2012 12:11:42 AM] Warning: USER: [ 152 5] CActorDoodad[DecalProtoss] DecalProtoss Assets\Doodads\DecalProtoss\DecalProtoss_01.m3; Could not find texture with slot generic01.diffuse and expression Innate.
[11/26/2012 12:11:42 AM] Warning: USER: [ 154 5] CActorDoodad[DecalProtoss] DecalProtoss Assets\Doodads\DecalProtoss\DecalProtoss_01.m3; Could not find texture with slot generic01.diffuse and expression Innate.
[11/26/2012 12:11:42 AM] Warning: USER: [ 156 5] CActorDoodad[DecalProtoss] DecalProtoss Assets\Doodads\DecalProtoss\DecalProtoss_01.m3; Could not find texture with slot generic01.diffuse and expression Innate.
[11/26/2012 12:11:42 AM] Warning: USER: [ 158 5] CActorDoodad[DecalProtoss] DecalProtoss Assets\Doodads\DecalProtoss\DecalProtoss_01.m3; Could not find texture with slot generic01.diffuse and expression Innate.
[11/26/2012 12:11:42 AM] Warning: USER: [ 15a 5] CActorDoodad[DecalProtoss] DecalProtoss Assets\Doodads\DecalProtoss\DecalProtoss_01.m3; Could not find texture with slot generic01.diffuse and expression Innate.
[11/26/2012 12:11:42 AM] Warning: USER: [ 15c 5] CActorDoodad[DecalProtoss] DecalProtoss Assets\Doodads\DecalProtoss\DecalProtoss_01.m3; Could not find texture with slot generic01.diffuse and expression Innate.
[11/26/2012 12:11:42 AM] Warning: USER: [ 15e 5] CActorDoodad[DecalProtoss] DecalProtoss Assets\Doodads\DecalProtoss\DecalProtoss_01.m3; Could not find texture with slot generic01.diffuse and expression Innate.
[11/26/2012 12:11:42 AM] Warning: USER: [ 160 5] CActorDoodad[DecalProtoss] DecalProtoss Assets\Doodads\DecalProtoss\DecalProtoss_01.m3; Could not find texture with slot generic01.diffuse and expression Innate.
[11/26/2012 12:11:42 AM] Warning: USER: [ 168 5] CActorDoodad[DecalProtoss] DecalProtoss Assets\Doodads\DecalProtoss\DecalProtoss_01.m3; Could not find texture with slot generic01.diffuse and expression Innate.
[11/26/2012 12:11:42 AM] Warning: USER: [ 16a 5] CActorDoodad[DecalProtoss] DecalProtoss Assets\Doodads\DecalProtoss\DecalProtoss_01.m3; Could not find texture with slot generic01.diffuse and expression Innate.
[11/26/2012 12:11:42 AM] Warning: USER: [ 16c 5] CActorDoodad[DecalProtoss] DecalProtoss Assets\Doodads\DecalProtoss\DecalProtoss_01.m3; Could not find texture with slot generic01.diffuse and expression Innate.
[11/26/2012 12:11:42 AM] Warning: USER: [ 16e 5] CActorDoodad[DecalProtoss] DecalProtoss Assets\Doodads\DecalProtoss\DecalProtoss_01.m3; Could not find texture with slot generic01.diffuse and expression Innate.
[11/26/2012 12:11:42 AM] Warning: USER: [ 170 5] CActorDoodad[DecalProtoss] DecalProtoss Assets\Doodads\DecalProtoss\DecalProtoss_01.m3; Could not find texture with slot generic01.diffuse and expression Innate.
[11/26/2012 12:11:42 AM] Warning: USER: [ 174 5] CActorDoodad[DecalProtoss] DecalProtoss Assets\Doodads\DecalProtoss\DecalProtoss_01.m3; Could not find texture with slot generic01.diffuse and expression Innate.
[11/26/2012 12:11:42 AM] Warning: USER: [ 176 5] CActorDoodad[DecalProtoss] DecalProtoss Assets\Doodads\DecalProtoss\DecalProtoss_01.m3; Could not find texture with slot generic01.diffuse and expression Innate.
[11/26/2012 12:11:42 AM] Warning: USER: [ 178 5] CActorDoodad[DecalProtoss] DecalProtoss Assets\Doodads\DecalProtoss\DecalProtoss_01.m3; Could not find texture with slot generic01.diffuse and expression Innate.
[11/26/2012 12:11:42 AM] Warning: USER: [ 17c 5] CActorDoodad[DecalProtoss] DecalProtoss Assets\Doodads\DecalProtoss\DecalProtoss_02.m3; Could not find texture with slot generic02.diffuse and expression Innate.
[11/26/2012 12:11:42 AM] Warning: USER: [ 184 5] CActorDoodad[DecalProtoss] DecalProtoss Assets\Doodads\DecalProtoss\DecalProtoss_02.m3; Could not find texture with slot generic02.diffuse and expression Innate.
[11/26/2012 12:11:42 AM] Warning: USER: [ 186 5] CActorDoodad[DecalProtoss] DecalProtoss Assets\Doodads\DecalProtoss\DecalProtoss_02.m3; Could not find texture with slot generic02.diffuse and expression Innate.
[11/26/2012 12:11:42 AM] Warning: USER: [ 188 5] CActorDoodad[DecalProtoss] DecalProtoss Assets\Doodads\DecalProtoss\DecalProtoss_02.m3; Could not find texture with slot generic02.diffuse and expression Innate.
[11/26/2012 12:11:42 AM] Warning: USER: [ 18a 5] CActorDoodad[DecalProtoss] DecalProtoss Assets\Doodads\DecalProtoss\DecalProtoss_02.m3; Could not find texture with slot generic02.diffuse and expression Innate.
[11/26/2012 12:11:42 AM] Warning: USER: [ 18c 5] CActorDoodad[DecalProtoss] DecalProtoss Assets\Doodads\DecalProtoss\DecalProtoss_02.m3; Could not find texture with slot generic02.diffuse and expression Innate.
[11/26/2012 12:11:42 AM] Warning: USER: [ 190 5] CActorDoodad[DecalProtoss] DecalProtoss Assets\Doodads\DecalProtoss\DecalProtoss_01.m3; Could not find texture with slot generic01.diffuse and expression Innate.
[11/26/2012 12:11:42 AM] Warning: USER: [ 192 5] CActorDoodad[DecalProtoss] DecalProtoss Assets\Doodads\DecalProtoss\DecalProtoss_01.m3; Could not find texture with slot generic01.diffuse and expression Innate.
[11/26/2012 12:11:42 AM] Warning: USER: [ 196 5] CActorDoodad[DecalProtoss] DecalProtoss Assets\Doodads\DecalProtoss\DecalProtoss_01.m3; Could not find texture with slot generic01.diffuse and expression Innate.
[11/26/2012 12:11:42 AM] Warning: USER: [ 198 5] CActorDoodad[DecalProtoss] DecalProtoss Assets\Doodads\DecalProtoss\DecalProtoss_01.m3; Could not find texture with slot generic01.diffuse and expression Innate.
[11/26/2012 12:11:42 AM] Warning: USER: [ 19a 5] CActorDoodad[DecalProtoss] DecalProtoss Assets\Doodads\DecalProtoss\DecalProtoss_01.m3; Could not find texture with slot generic01.diffuse and expression Innate.
[11/26/2012 12:11:42 AM] Warning: USER: [ 19c 5] CActorDoodad[DecalProtoss] DecalProtoss Assets\Doodads\DecalProtoss\DecalProtoss_01.m3; Could not find texture with slot generic01.diffuse and expression Innate.
[11/26/2012 12:11:42 AM] Warning: USER: [ 1a0 5] CActorDoodad[DecalProtoss] DecalProtoss Assets\Doodads\DecalProtoss\DecalProtoss_01.m3; Could not find texture with slot generic01.diffuse and expression Innate.
[11/26/2012 12:11:42 AM] Warning: USER: [ 1a2 5] CActorDoodad[DecalProtoss] DecalProtoss Assets\Doodads\DecalProtoss\DecalProtoss_01.m3; Could not find texture with slot generic01.diffuse and expression Innate.
[11/26/2012 12:11:42 AM] Warning: USER: [ 1a4 5] CActorDoodad[DecalProtoss] DecalProtoss Assets\Doodads\DecalProtoss\DecalProtoss_01.m3; Could not find texture with slot generic01.diffuse and expression Innate.
[11/26/2012 12:11:42 AM] Warning: USER: [ 1a6 5] CActorDoodad[DecalProtoss] DecalProtoss Assets\Doodads\DecalProtoss\DecalProtoss_01.m3; Could not find texture with slot generic01.diffuse and expression Innate.
[11/26/2012 12:11:42 AM] Warning: USER: [ 1aa 5] CActorDoodad[DecalProtoss] DecalProtoss Assets\Doodads\DecalProtoss\DecalProtoss_01.m3; Could not find texture with slot generic01.diffuse and expression Innate.
[11/26/2012 12:11:42 AM] Warning: USER: [ 1ac 5] CActorDoodad[DecalProtoss] DecalProtoss Assets\Doodads\DecalProtoss\DecalProtoss_01.m3; Could not find texture with slot generic01.diffuse and expression Innate.
[11/26/2012 12:11:42 AM] Warning: USER: [ 1ae 5] CActorDoodad[DecalProtoss] DecalProtoss Assets\Doodads\DecalProtoss\DecalProtoss_01.m3; Could not find texture with slot generic01.diffuse and expression Innate.
[11/26/2012 12:11:42 AM] Warning: USER: [ 1b0 5] CActorDoodad[DecalProtoss] DecalProtoss Assets\Doodads\DecalProtoss\DecalProtoss_01.m3; Could not find texture with slot generic01.diffuse and expression Innate.
[11/26/2012 12:11:42 AM] Warning: USER: [ 1b4 5] CActorDoodad[DecalProtoss] DecalProtoss Assets\Doodads\DecalProtoss\DecalProtoss_01.m3; Could not find texture with slot generic01.diffuse and expression Innate.
[11/26/2012 12:11:42 AM] Warning: USER: [ 1b8 5] CActorDoodad[DecalProtoss] DecalProtoss Assets\Doodads\DecalProtoss\DecalProtoss_00.m3; Could not find texture with slot main.diffuse and expression Innate.
[11/26/2012 12:11:42 AM] Warning: USER: [ 1ba 5] CActorDoodad[DecalProtoss] DecalProtoss Assets\Doodads\DecalProtoss\DecalProtoss_02.m3; Could not find texture with slot generic02.diffuse and expression Innate.
[11/26/2012 12:11:42 AM] Warning: USER: [ 1be 5] CActorDoodad[DecalProtoss] DecalProtoss Assets\Doodads\DecalProtoss\DecalProtoss_02.m3; Could not find texture with slot generic02.diffuse and expression Innate.
[11/26/2012 12:11:42 AM] Warning: USER: [ 1c2 5] CActorDoodad[DecalProtoss] DecalProtoss Assets\Doodads\DecalProtoss\DecalProtoss_02.m3; Could not find texture with slot generic02.diffuse and expression Innate.
[11/26/2012 12:11:42 AM] Warning: USER: [ 1c8 5] CActorDoodad[DecalProtoss] DecalProtoss Assets\Doodads\DecalProtoss\DecalProtoss_02.m3; Could not find texture with slot generic02.diffuse and expression Innate.
[11/26/2012 12:11:42 AM] Warning: USER: [ 1cc 5] CActorDoodad[DecalProtoss] DecalProtoss Assets\Doodads\DecalProtoss\DecalProtoss_02.m3; Could not find texture with slot generic02.diffuse and expression Innate.
[11/26/2012 12:11:42 AM] Warning: USER: [ 1d0 5] CActorDoodad[DecalProtoss] DecalProtoss Assets\Doodads\DecalProtoss\DecalProtoss_02.m3; Could not find texture with slot generic02.diffuse and expression Innate.
[11/26/2012 12:11:42 AM] Warning: USER: [ 1d2 5] CActorDoodad[DecalProtoss] DecalProtoss Assets\Doodads\DecalProtoss\DecalProtoss_02.m3; Could not find texture with slot generic02.diffuse and expression Innate.
[11/26/2012 12:11:42 AM] Warning: USER: [ 1da 5] CActorDoodad[DecalProtoss] DecalProtoss Assets\Doodads\DecalProtoss\DecalProtoss_02.m3; Could not find texture with slot generic02.diffuse and expression Innate.
[11/26/2012 12:11:42 AM] Warning: USER: [ 1dc 5] CActorDoodad[DecalProtoss] DecalProtoss Assets\Doodads\DecalProtoss\DecalProtoss_02.m3; Could not find texture with slot generic02.diffuse and expression Innate.
[11/26/2012 12:11:42 AM] Warning: USER: [ 1de 5] CActorDoodad[DecalProtoss] DecalProtoss Assets\Doodads\DecalProtoss\DecalProtoss_01.m3; Could not find texture with slot generic01.diffuse and expression Innate.
[11/26/2012 12:11:42 AM] Warning: USER: [ 1e0 5] CActorDoodad[DecalProtoss] DecalProtoss Assets\Doodads\DecalProtoss\DecalProtoss_01.m3; Could not find texture with slot generic01.diffuse and expression Innate.

The map uses "Left2Die Mod 1.1" Dependency, and I must thus connect to B.net every time I load the map. Could it be a source of problem as well?

I've been banging my head over that bug for now multiple hours and I'm really getting frustrated. Any help? :/



None.

Nov 26 2012, 7:18 am DevliN Post #2

Woah

Unless I'm misreading this, what are you using the Protoss Decal doodad for and can you delete it and then test the map?



:devlin: Currently Working On: :devlin:
Myself

Nov 26 2012, 7:32 am payne Post #3

:payne:

Quote from DevliN
Unless I'm misreading this, what are you using the Protoss Decal doodad for and can you delete it and then test the map?
To draw the boundary around the arena. Haven't tried deleting them. Will do and let you know.



None.

Nov 27 2012, 6:09 am payne Post #4

:payne:

After a few tests, I realized the very first trigger ran at the map's initialization (Event: Map Initialization) stops running as soon as it hits its first Wait action, but only when tested online and with more than 1 human player.

Any ideas as to why? :/

EDIT: Copy-pasted everything under the Waits and created new triggers with the "Time Elapsed" Events.
Result: It now works. How weird of a bug! I am still definitely interested in understanding why/how.

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on Nov 27 2012, 7:10 am by payne.



None.

Nov 27 2012, 7:13 am DevliN Post #5

Woah

This probably isn't very helpful to you specifically, but I noticed that when I tested Invasion after uploading it to the arcade, my Map Initialization triggers didn't even run anymore. My issue was that I set up a variable with a maximum limit of 8192 or whatever it is, and somehow that caused my triggers to stop functioning properly. Once I set it much lower, everything was fine. I'm assuming that's not the issue you're having, but it makes me wonder what other seemingly unrelated things are causing issues like this.



:devlin: Currently Working On: :devlin:
Myself

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[02:53 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: I'll check it out this weekend!
Thanks
[02:47 am]
Symmetry -- I'll check it out this weekend!
[02:40 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
I invite you to try out the map I modified. I don't have the creativity to create maps from scratch, but I do have the know-how to modify existing ones; my project is to tweak community campaigns (specifically those with errors—to make them playable.
[02:27 am]
Symmetry -- Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
[01:51 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Now that I wanted to change my avatar, the error image is showing up, haha.
[01:34 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
I invite you to try out a mission I'm modifying from *StarCraft Reversed*; I'm trying to make it more playable and challenging.
[01:33 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
[01:31 am]
Ultraviolet -- Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
[12:20 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
[12:04 am]
Ultraviolet -- https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: sarahtaylor