Staredit Network > Forums > Staredit Network > Topic: Smiley suggestion: :durr:
Smiley suggestion: :durr:
This topic is locked. You can no longer write replies here.
Oct 8 2012, 2:12 am
By: Aristocrat  
Polls
Add this smiley?
Add this smiley?
Answer Votes Percentage % Voters
Add as :derp: 3
 
25%
Add as :durr: 2
 
17%
Add as :derp: and change :hurr: to :herp: 1
 
9%
Add as :demon: 3
 
25%
Do not add 3
 
25%
Please login to vote.
Poll has 12 votes. You can vote for at most 1 option(s).

Oct 8 2012, 2:12 am Aristocrat Post #1



A while back, was suggested as :demon: out of jest. The smiley and expression, however, quickly became popular in the SEN shoutbox and it became widely used by the regulars. People petitioned to have it added as an official smiley under :demon:, but DevliN rejected this proposal under the logic that he does not want Dem0nS1ayer/I Iz LEET to have his own smiley, something that I am fine with.

I still believe that the smiley should be considered for addition under a different string, like :derp: or :durr:. I personally prefer the :durr: approach as it allows you to do :hurr: :durr: and get as the output, which is awesome.

Any other opinions on this?



None.

Oct 8 2012, 2:22 am Azrael Post #2



I voted for

Add as :derp: and change :hurr: to :herp:

because I voted quickly, although really, I don't want :hurr: to be changed.

Of course, that being the case, you can also consider this a vote for

Add as :derp:

I would have voted for the :demon: one, but DevliN laid down the law on that idea already :P

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Oct 8 2012, 2:39 am by Azrael.




Oct 8 2012, 2:27 am Bar Refaeli Post #3



:demon: won't work, :hurr: should never be changed, and honestly your smiley is ugly, so I voted for derp, which is an ugly word.



None.

Oct 8 2012, 3:21 am Fire_Kame Post #4

wth is starcraft

:awesome: I like the part where you think this is a democracy.




Oct 8 2012, 3:52 am rayNimagi Post #5



You need to have an "other" option. looks like he's yelling, and the name should reflect that. You should change it so that the eyes are looking in opposite directions like :hurr:. Then :durr: would be appropriate. Otherwise none of these names fit right.



Win by luck, lose by skill.

Oct 8 2012, 3:59 am Fire_Kame Post #6

wth is starcraft

Actually...I think it would make more sense if :derp: had the derp eyes and a stupid grin instead of the open mouth thing.




Oct 8 2012, 4:15 am DevliN Post #7

Woah

I'm not adding any of those or changing the current ones.

Quote from Fire_Kame
:awesome: I like the part where you think this is a democracy.
:awesome:



:devlin: Currently Working On: :devlin:
Myself

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[04:30 pm]
Oh_Man -- yeah, probs
[03:11 pm]
NudeRaider -- I bet it just needs another training session against pros instead of only against itself and nobody will be able to stop it anymore.
[03:09 pm]
NudeRaider -- Oh_Man
Oh_Man shouted: pluto vs pro gamer snow: https://youtu.be/NOXXpATkdZU
so it can be beaten by a prepared pro, even in macro games, if only barely. the muta micro in particular seems really hard to handle for protoss ground though. In the open goons can't catch them, in the base they trip over buildings, it just instantly flies out of storms and they fly circles around archons. Mass cannons do work, but can't cover the whole map with it. Probably need mass corsair to counter and hope you can outmaneuver all the scourge.
[2026-9-27. : 2:14 am]
Oh_Man -- pluto vs pro gamer snow: https://youtu.be/NOXXpATkdZU
[2026-9-27. : 1:14 am]
Symmetry -- https://staredit.net/topic/18932/ check it
[2026-9-25. : 2:22 pm]
Oh_Man -- https://youtu.be/Lfo4C0xzU04
[2026-9-25. : 12:00 am]
Oh_Man -- he hasnt won a single game so far this is hilarious
[2026-9-24. : 11:41 pm]
Oh_Man -- new arty username Rage Against The Machine
[2026-9-24. : 10:14 pm]
Oh_Man -- https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KPXri8q9ZBs artys vsing the bot now
[2026-9-24. : 8:12 pm]
Ultraviolet -- do you even lift bro?
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: lopingadoring