Staredit Network > Forums > SC2 Assistance > Topic: Learn: Passive
Learn: Passive
May 6 2012, 3:26 am
By: luzz  

May 6 2012, 3:26 am luzz Post #1



I'm trying to make a learnable passive behavior, but I have no idea how... I know how to make a learnable ability that is upgradable, but there isnt really a passive ability (Except the behavior ability, but thats a toggle on/off). Just to make things more clear this should be something like a Warcraft 3 hero system with the upgradable abilities. Another example is the brutalisk hero in zealot frenzy. His final is an upgradable passive buff.

Hope I gave enough info. Thank you for your help!



None.

May 6 2012, 8:13 am DevliN Post #2

Woah

What I did for my passive abilities on Invasion was to create a Behavior Ability with Stats: Flags+ set to "Auto Cast" and "Auto Cast On". I then have a Requirement linked to it that checks if the Ability is completed at the unit.

I'm not sure if that's what you were going for, but that's how I was able to get levelable passive abilities.



:devlin: Currently Working On: :devlin:
Myself

May 6 2012, 1:28 pm luzz Post #3



So the unit would automatically cast the ability. Ok, but then would the button not look like a passive buff? But an actual ability that u can turn on/off? I may have to go with this, but there has to be a better way.



None.

May 6 2012, 4:56 pm DevliN Post #4

Woah

The button would look like a an unclickable ability because it is passive and already on. You can't turn it off. I have yet to find a better way to do it, but then again I stopped looking since this works perfectly.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on May 6 2012, 5:06 pm by DevliN.



:devlin: Currently Working On: :devlin:
Myself

May 6 2012, 6:08 pm luzz Post #5



Ok I'll try it out! Thank you very much. :)



None.

May 6 2012, 10:02 pm luzz Post #6



Ok, so buff upgrading works, but how did you get the passive image to appear when the spell is upgraded?



None.

May 6 2012, 10:39 pm Ahli Post #7

I do stuff and thingies... Try widening and reducing the number of small nooks and crannies to correct the problem.

Quote from luzz
Ok, so buff upgrading works, but how did you get the passive image to appear when the spell is upgraded?
Requirement?




May 6 2012, 10:50 pm luzz Post #8



When I put a requirement on the button itself in the command card, the requirement never takes effect. This is the only way I know to make a requirement for a passive, and it doesn't work for me.

Also, I have worked around it by adding a second button that is a passive with no behavior (So the button isn't grayed out)



None.

May 6 2012, 10:56 pm Ahli Post #9

I do stuff and thingies... Try widening and reducing the number of small nooks and crannies to correct the problem.

Have a look at the marauder and his passive button.




Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[02:53 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: I'll check it out this weekend!
Thanks
[02:47 am]
Symmetry -- I'll check it out this weekend!
[02:40 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
I invite you to try out the map I modified. I don't have the creativity to create maps from scratch, but I do have the know-how to modify existing ones; my project is to tweak community campaigns (specifically those with errors—to make them playable.
[02:27 am]
Symmetry -- Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
[01:51 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Now that I wanted to change my avatar, the error image is showing up, haha.
[01:34 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
I invite you to try out a mission I'm modifying from *StarCraft Reversed*; I'm trying to make it more playable and challenging.
[01:33 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
[01:31 am]
Ultraviolet -- Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
[12:20 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
[12:04 am]
Ultraviolet -- https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: sarahtaylor