Staredit Network > Forums > SC2 Assistance > Topic: Understanding Requirements
Understanding Requirements
Mar 29 2012, 3:19 am
By: Xeno814  

Mar 29 2012, 3:19 am Xeno814 Post #1



On the Requirements Data Type I learned a bit of simple things by looking on the requirements of default units like Learn X Upgrade, Have X Unit, Use X Spell but some things requirements are a bit complex for me yet like Mothership Requirements. Somehow if i imitate this requirement i can make a unit only once, but i don't know how the nodes flow that made that requirement work. (what other nodes can "Constant" be applied?)

what i know so far (not sure if im right):
"USE" - anything that makes the button usable/restrict
"SHOW" - anything that makes the button appear/disappear on command card

Now lets say i want to make a requirement that i can only research Banshee Cloak if i have at least 1 SCV, just 6 marines, a fusion core, and siege tank research and combat shield upgrade are completed. how would it look like?

btw i've tried using the Expression view and... :|



None.

Mar 29 2012, 7:07 pm Ahli Post #2

I do stuff and thingies... Try widening and reducing the number of small nooks and crannies to correct the problem.

Here is your requested requirement:


Please ignore the AND in the siege tank tech, it's my mistake and I don't want to fix and screenshot it again.

Basically it's like triggers. It uses logical connectors to compute if the result of the requirement is false or true.

Your application of USE and SHOW is correct.
If SHOW is empty, it is always shown.




Mar 29 2012, 10:52 pm Xeno814 Post #3



so that's how to make a multiple requirement for a certain upgrade, thanks :D

so the "And" node are used to make multiple requirements?



None.

Mar 29 2012, 11:51 pm Ahli Post #4

I do stuff and thingies... Try widening and reducing the number of small nooks and crannies to correct the problem.

AND means that everything within the AND needs to be true to make the AND return true. If one is false, AND will return false.

AND and OR in trigger conditions work the same way.




Mar 30 2012, 2:41 am Xeno814 Post #5



does using OR node looks also like that? example making Marauder applicable whether i have techlab or reactor, anyway here's my sample (not sure why the image looks crappy though :| ):

and how do you make the requirements nodes have its own window? mine was stuck on the data module?

just wondering what's the diffrence of Alias_Techlab to Techlab and the rest of Alias_Structures?

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Mar 30 2012, 2:50 am by Xeno814.



None.

Mar 30 2012, 8:36 pm DevliN Post #6

Woah

It should just be "Or" and then the two Count Unit requirements after it, if I remember correctly.

I'm not sure what you mean by "have its own window", but I usually have the "Display Object List as Tree" button unpressed as that just adds unnecessary organization and folders, and I have the "Table View" button pressed so you can see all the info for the ability/unit/behavior/etc. at once. "Show Advanced Values" and "Show Field Type Names" are great to have pressed, as well as "Combine Structure Values". Maybe that combination will get you what you want.



:devlin: Currently Working On: :devlin:
Myself

Mar 31 2012, 4:33 am Xeno814 Post #7



so if i placed 3 Count Upgrades (State: Complete) nodes under "OR", that requirement only needs at least one of the 3 count upgrade competed then?

Quote
I'm not sure what you mean by "have its own window", but I usually have the "Display Object List as Tree" button unpressed as that just adds unnecessary organization and folders, and I have the "Table View" button pressed so you can see all the info for the ability/unit/behavior/etc. at once. "Show Advanced Values" and "Show Field Type Names" are great to have pressed, as well as "Combine Structure Values". Maybe that combination will get you what you want.

Im talking about Ahli's image that the requirement nodes was separated from the data module. anyway reading your reply leads me to the answer, Ahli uses Table view while mine's were in detail view. I use Detail View because for me its more organized and "noob-friendly".



None.

Mar 31 2012, 10:28 am Ahli Post #8

I do stuff and thingies... Try widening and reducing the number of small nooks and crannies to correct the problem.

Quote from Xeno814
so if i placed 3 Count Upgrades (State: Complete) nodes under "OR", that requirement only needs at least one of the 3 count upgrade competed then?
Correct.
OR requires only 1 of its containing statements to be correct




Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[02:53 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: I'll check it out this weekend!
Thanks
[02:47 am]
Symmetry -- I'll check it out this weekend!
[02:40 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
I invite you to try out the map I modified. I don't have the creativity to create maps from scratch, but I do have the know-how to modify existing ones; my project is to tweak community campaigns (specifically those with errors—to make them playable.
[02:27 am]
Symmetry -- Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
[01:51 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Now that I wanted to change my avatar, the error image is showing up, haha.
[01:34 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
I invite you to try out a mission I'm modifying from *StarCraft Reversed*; I'm trying to make it more playable and challenging.
[01:33 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
[01:31 am]
Ultraviolet -- Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
[12:20 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
[12:04 am]
Ultraviolet -- https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: sarahtaylor