Staredit Network > Forums > SC2 Assistance > Topic: Exporting data
Exporting data
Mar 22 2012, 10:55 pm
By: PunWisp  

Mar 22 2012, 10:55 pm PunWisp Post #1



How do you export data? I'm pretty much finished with most of the work I did, and I did it on one of blizzards melee maps, just to make things simple considering im only playing the map with a couple friends. However its not allowing me to publish it so I was just going to export the data and put it on one of my other maps I terrained myself.

However I'm not finding anywhere to export my data.. Only import..



None.

Mar 23 2012, 12:11 am DevliN Post #2

Woah

You can either save the map as an SC2Mod file and add it to the new map as a dependency, or you can copy all the XML data from the map with all the custom Data Editor work and copy it into the new map.

If you go with the XML route, do the following:
Download an MPQ Editor (like the one found at http://www.zezula.net/en/mpq/download.html ).
Open your map file using the MPQ Editor.
Find and open the Base.SC2Data folder. Then open the GameData folder. Here you'll find the XML files for all of your custom Data Editor work. Extract all the ones you want to transfer to the new map (i.e. if you created custom abilities, extract all the XML files that would be associated with them like the AbilData.xml and EffectData.xml, etc.).

Now open your new map in the MPQ Editor. Again, open the Base.SC2Data folder and then the GameData folder.

Next you can do one of two things:
1. If you have any Data Editor work in your new map already that you want to save, extract those files first. Then, compile any conflicting files into one (i.e. copy/paste the AbilData.xml code from one into the other). Now drag and drop the compiled XML files into the GameData folder and replace the existing ones.

2. If you don't have an Data Editor work on the new map, just drag and drop the XML files you extracted from the old map into the GameData folder for the new map.

And that's it.



:devlin: Currently Working On: :devlin:
Myself

Mar 23 2012, 2:04 am PunWisp Post #3



Thank you very much! I will keep that on my mind! For now I have a fix, I just redid all the stuff on a new map as a mod. It didn't take me too long considering I didn't have to go through all the same frustrations that made it drag along... The only downside is its harder to test. Currently I have "jackson's revenge" merc unit, his abilities don't show up ingame.. *sigh



None.

Mar 23 2012, 4:21 am DevliN Post #4

Woah

The only major drawback to using it as a mod like that is that you have to also upload the mod for the final released map. I guess now that isn't as much of an issue since we have so many upload slots to use.



:devlin: Currently Working On: :devlin:
Myself

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[02:53 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: I'll check it out this weekend!
Thanks
[02:47 am]
Symmetry -- I'll check it out this weekend!
[02:40 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
I invite you to try out the map I modified. I don't have the creativity to create maps from scratch, but I do have the know-how to modify existing ones; my project is to tweak community campaigns (specifically those with errors—to make them playable.
[02:27 am]
Symmetry -- Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
[01:51 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Now that I wanted to change my avatar, the error image is showing up, haha.
[01:34 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
I invite you to try out a mission I'm modifying from *StarCraft Reversed*; I'm trying to make it more playable and challenging.
[01:33 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
[01:31 am]
Ultraviolet -- Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
[12:20 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
[12:04 am]
Ultraviolet -- https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: sarahtaylor