Staredit Network > Forums > SC2 Assistance > Topic: Loading Screen Image
Loading Screen Image
Mar 6 2012, 8:14 pm
By: SHANE-009  

Mar 6 2012, 8:14 pm SHANE-009 Post #1



Hello; I wanted to no how can I put a Photo in my Sc2 map editor?
if u do plz show me how; Thxs! :)
"in tile" :D
*fixed word;"

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Mar 6 2012, 8:49 pm by SHANE-009.



New Username: Cool-Knight !
Please follow me on my site: www.cool-knight.eu.org/

Mar 6 2012, 8:46 pm DevliN Post #2

Woah

What is a picer?



:devlin: Currently Working On: :devlin:
Myself

Mar 6 2012, 8:50 pm Lanthanide Post #3



'Picture', apparently. I guess he means putting an image into the terrain of a map?



None.

Mar 6 2012, 9:09 pm SHANE-009 Post #4



Well i want it to show when the game is loading. :)
if u know i mean>?



New Username: Cool-Knight !
Please follow me on my site: www.cool-knight.eu.org/

Mar 6 2012, 9:24 pm DevliN Post #5

Woah

Quote from Lanthanide
'Picture', apparently. I guess he means putting an image into the terrain of a map?
Haha I was reading it as "piser." Awesome.

Basically you create an image (or find one) and save it as a .tga or .dds file. Import that file into the map. Then in the map options where you can set the load screen image, select the imported image.



:devlin: Currently Working On: :devlin:
Myself

Mar 6 2012, 10:04 pm SHANE-009 Post #6



Thxs.

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on Mar 7 2012, 1:09 am by SHANE-009.



New Username: Cool-Knight !
Please follow me on my site: www.cool-knight.eu.org/

Mar 7 2012, 1:09 am SHANE-009 Post #7



How do i put it in in SC2 file? or all the others, Photo..??



New Username: Cool-Knight !
Please follow me on my site: www.cool-knight.eu.org/

Mar 7 2012, 1:25 am Roy Post #8

An artist's depiction of an Extended Unit Death

Use the Importer to import things into a map.

You can refer to these links as reference:

http://www.galaxywiki.net/Starter_Guide
http://www.galaxywiki.net/Importing_Custom_Icons

If you're talking about converting an image to a proper format, most image editing programs can convert to the necessary file type. You can also find stand-alone converters from a Google search.




Mar 10 2012, 7:38 am SHANE-009 Post #9



like this http://www.google.com/imgres?hl=en&sa=X&biw=1366&bih=667&tbm=isch&prmd=imvnsfd&tbnid=bCGqpKG58A2WMM:&imgrefurl=http://www.paradisesgarage.com/mcweb2/media/p/3254.aspx&docid=uuHFT1pRrNeIKM&imgurl=http://www.paradisesgarage.com/mcweb2/resized-image.ashx/__size/500x400/__key/CommunityServer.Components.PostAttachments/00.00.00.32.54/Screenshot.Jpg&w=499&h=312&ei=YQRbT8r4KYuPigKCv9DVCw&zoom=1

but i want this img be on my thing; or u can make a dds for me or somthing for to put there; Thxs!
this be cool on my map. XD

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on Mar 10 2012, 7:30 pm by SHANE-009.



New Username: Cool-Knight !
Please follow me on my site: www.cool-knight.eu.org/

Mar 10 2012, 8:47 am DevliN Post #10

Woah

That's the Korhal loading screen.

Go to the Map Properties, click on the "Loading Screen" tab, click on "Browse...", search for "loading-korhal", and select "loading-korhal.dds"



:devlin: Currently Working On: :devlin:
Myself

Mar 10 2012, 7:17 pm SHANE-009 Post #11



Well i meant my img can u make it a DDS, so i can add it to my map. lol :)



New Username: Cool-Knight !
Please follow me on my site: www.cool-knight.eu.org/

Mar 10 2012, 7:23 pm DevliN Post #12

Woah

Oh. That's going to be a really small loading screen image. You should look for something closer to 1920x1080 or 1920x1200. Unless you don't want it to fill the screen.



:devlin: Currently Working On: :devlin:
Myself

Mar 10 2012, 7:29 pm SHANE-009 Post #13



"Unless you don't want it to fill the screen." Yea that's fine whit me. :)



New Username: Cool-Knight !
Please follow me on my site: www.cool-knight.eu.org/

Mar 10 2012, 7:40 pm DevliN Post #14

Woah

Here ya go.

Attachments:
God vs Devil.tga
Hits: 1 Size: 249.42kb



:devlin: Currently Working On: :devlin:
Myself

Mar 10 2012, 7:55 pm Roy Post #15

An artist's depiction of an Extended Unit Death

I got some higher resolution DDS files for your image if you're interested:

800x500 - 342kb
1280x800 - 1.4mb




Mar 11 2012, 12:21 am SHANE-009 Post #16



Ummm i put it in Sc2 folder and its not showing up....,Anything ideas why?



New Username: Cool-Knight !
Please follow me on my site: www.cool-knight.eu.org/

Mar 11 2012, 12:28 am DevliN Post #17

Woah

Quote from DevliN
Import that file into the map. Then in the map options where you can set the load screen image, select the imported image.




:devlin: Currently Working On: :devlin:
Myself

Mar 11 2012, 12:31 am SHANE-009 Post #18



o Ok Thxs! sooo much!



New Username: Cool-Knight !
Please follow me on my site: www.cool-knight.eu.org/

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[02:53 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: I'll check it out this weekend!
Thanks
[02:47 am]
Symmetry -- I'll check it out this weekend!
[02:40 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
I invite you to try out the map I modified. I don't have the creativity to create maps from scratch, but I do have the know-how to modify existing ones; my project is to tweak community campaigns (specifically those with errors—to make them playable.
[02:27 am]
Symmetry -- Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
[01:51 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Now that I wanted to change my avatar, the error image is showing up, haha.
[01:34 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
I invite you to try out a mission I'm modifying from *StarCraft Reversed*; I'm trying to make it more playable and challenging.
[01:33 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
[01:31 am]
Ultraviolet -- Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
[12:20 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
[12:04 am]
Ultraviolet -- https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: sarahtaylor