Staredit Network > Forums > SC2 Assistance > Topic: Zealot sounds through fog
Zealot sounds through fog
Feb 28 2012, 2:19 am
By: Ahli  

Feb 28 2012, 2:19 am Ahli Post #1

I do stuff and thingies... Try widening and reducing the number of small nooks and crannies to correct the problem.

Problem:
I can hear default Zealot combat sounds through the fog.

Situation:
I've more than 60 Zealots in an area on the map. These belong to player 13 and 14 which fight against each other.
You, player 1, have no vision of that area, but you can hear some sounds.

This map was a real map once, but I reverted/deleted everything to find the cause of the problem, but I failed.
There are no data module changes left in the map.

Map file:
http://www.4shared.com/file/MbkJuIOt/ZealotSoundsThroughFogProblem.html

Feel free to tinker with it and try to solve the problem.

I would like to fix the problem, but I don't know why this is happening. Maybe you guys know more or got an idea...

edit:
I'm able to recreate it on a new map:

1. create new map (default settings). Make it smaller to make it easier to find.
2. place around 30 zealots for player 13, place around 30 zealots for player 14 next to them to make sure the zealots engage after map start
3. test the document
4. zoom in and hold the middle mouse button to scroll around.
-> I'm able to hear the Zealot weapon's impact sound through the fog.
It works with broodlings, too.

I already experienced this bug half a year ago, but first I thought it was my fault somehow. Damn u, ts2 map. ;D

edit:
SOLUTION
Check out this post in this thread.

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on May 7 2012, 6:28 pm by Ahli.




Feb 29 2012, 1:18 pm TF- Post #2

🤙🏾

Probably a bug that's always been in the game, to fix it you could try finding a combat sound that doesn't have this problem, look at it in the Sounds tab and compare its properties to those on the broken zealot sounds.



🤙🏾

Feb 29 2012, 4:08 pm Ahli Post #3

I do stuff and thingies... Try widening and reducing the number of small nooks and crannies to correct the problem.

Quote from TF-
Probably a bug that's always been in the game, to fix it you could try finding a combat sound that doesn't have this problem, look at it in the Sounds tab and compare its properties to those on the broken zealot sounds.
I won't do anything to fix this as this bug should exist in every multiplayer team game. It's just unusual that you zoom into the fog where a lot of melee units are fighting. :S
It's definatly Blizzard has to fix as it's clear that nothing should come through the fog to the player as long as his units aren't attacked.




May 7 2012, 6:22 pm Ahli Post #4

I do stuff and thingies... Try widening and reducing the number of small nooks and crannies to correct the problem.

FIXED IT:
You need to edit the actor "GenericAttackImpactSound". Set the property "CActor_InheritType" to "Continuous" from "OneShot".

The problem seems to be that the sound didn't receive the correct visibility when it was created for some reason.




Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[02:53 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: I'll check it out this weekend!
Thanks
[02:47 am]
Symmetry -- I'll check it out this weekend!
[02:40 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
I invite you to try out the map I modified. I don't have the creativity to create maps from scratch, but I do have the know-how to modify existing ones; my project is to tweak community campaigns (specifically those with errors—to make them playable.
[02:27 am]
Symmetry -- Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
[01:51 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Now that I wanted to change my avatar, the error image is showing up, haha.
[01:34 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
I invite you to try out a mission I'm modifying from *StarCraft Reversed*; I'm trying to make it more playable and challenging.
[01:33 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
[01:31 am]
Ultraviolet -- Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
[12:20 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
[12:04 am]
Ultraviolet -- https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: sarahtaylor