Staredit Network > Forums > SC2 Assistance > Topic: setting build time
setting build time
Feb 25 2012, 4:32 pm
By: Stormwern  

Feb 25 2012, 4:32 pm Stormwern Post #1



Either I've gone mad or I'm about to.. How do I change the time it takes for a building to be constructed?



None.

Feb 25 2012, 5:11 pm Ahli Post #2

I do stuff and thingies... Try widening and reducing the number of small nooks and crannies to correct the problem.

In the info field of the ability.
The time you set there should be the building time of the specified unit/building.




Feb 25 2012, 5:25 pm Stormwern Post #3



Ah, didn't see you could scroll down there. Another question. When I add, copy or duplicate a unit, the copy doesn't get all the assets, the main model most significantly, and I can't seem to add it in either.



None.

Feb 25 2012, 5:32 pm Ahli Post #4

I do stuff and thingies... Try widening and reducing the number of small nooks and crannies to correct the problem.

Duplication feature is broken because it doesn't set all the links properly (especially it fails with the actor).

To repair the actor, go to the actor, set the unit token to your unit. Then go into the events and change the unit everywhere the old one appears.
Make sure you are memorizing what was behind the unit name like "start" or "finish" because that gets deleted. :(

edit:
But because that is broken, you learn a little bit how actor events work. :) They are like tiny triggers.




Feb 25 2012, 5:54 pm Stormwern Post #5



It's happening, I'm going mad!

Is there no other way? The copy will be 99% identical, so I don't really need to duplicate, doesn't matter if it shares assets with the original.



None.

Feb 25 2012, 6:04 pm Ahli Post #6

I do stuff and thingies... Try widening and reducing the number of small nooks and crannies to correct the problem.

A new unit should have its own actor in most cases.

You could try to use the xml view. Maybe it makes it easier to change.




Feb 26 2012, 4:53 pm Stormwern Post #7



Most of the stuff don't have any tokens, how do I add them?



None.

Feb 26 2012, 9:09 pm Ahli Post #8

I do stuff and thingies... Try widening and reducing the number of small nooks and crannies to correct the problem.

Tokens are just text replacements. It is intended to be like a variable for editor usage.

You can change the token or change all wrong references. But the token can be buggy, too, as seen as when it become "none" after duplicating.

You need to change all references by yourself, then. At least I'm sure that the actor events need to be corrected, some other fields may be ok.




Feb 26 2012, 10:57 pm Stormwern Post #9



I'm lost, I think we need to switch to baby language..

I've gotten about half way by double clicking on various things in the bottom left box ("object explorer"). Now I'm out of things to click on, and there's still stuff missing in there.



None.

Feb 26 2012, 11:33 pm Ahli Post #10

I do stuff and thingies... Try widening and reducing the number of small nooks and crannies to correct the problem.

Which unit are you trying to duplicate?

The object explorer shows most of the connections with other data objects.




Feb 27 2012, 12:54 am Stormwern Post #11



Probe. The model and portrait are working, the sound is not, rest I don't know.



None.

Feb 27 2012, 1:09 am Ahli Post #12

I do stuff and thingies... Try widening and reducing the number of small nooks and crannies to correct the problem.

The unit's sound, if you give commands is set in the unit's actor.
Combat and ability sounds are inside other actors.




Feb 29 2012, 7:20 pm Stormwern Post #13



Thanks, gotten a bit further. I've set construction times to a few sec and now the "warping in" animation doesn't play, so I need to speed it up and have it start almost immediately. Should I do that in the object editor or with triggers?



None.

Feb 29 2012, 10:12 pm Ahli Post #14

I do stuff and thingies... Try widening and reducing the number of small nooks and crannies to correct the problem.

Quote from Stormwern
Thanks, gotten a bit further. I've set construction times to a few sec and now the "warping in" animation doesn't play, so I need to speed it up and have it start almost immediately. Should I do that in the object editor or with triggers?
unit's actor -> actor events -> something at the top (construction) I think is used for warp ins.




Feb 29 2012, 11:08 pm Stormwern Post #15



Which unit? The buildings? I still have the regular probe which does regular warp ins, so don't think I can mess with that.



None.

Feb 29 2012, 11:18 pm Ahli Post #16

I do stuff and thingies... Try widening and reducing the number of small nooks and crannies to correct the problem.

Quote from Stormwern
Which unit? The buildings? I still have the regular probe which does regular warp ins, so don't think I can mess with that.
Every animation is can be controlled with actors as they are started by actors.
You just need to find the correct actor and modify/add the correct events.




Mar 1 2012, 12:56 am Stormwern Post #17



The Nexus actor has the model in question, but there is no mention of it in the events, and no mention in the xml code. The animplay in events is called "ConstructionDeath", which a) makes no sense, and b) seems completely taken out of thin air, and I still have the original problem of not being able to tell which probe made the building.



None.

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[02:53 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: I'll check it out this weekend!
Thanks
[02:47 am]
Symmetry -- I'll check it out this weekend!
[02:40 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
I invite you to try out the map I modified. I don't have the creativity to create maps from scratch, but I do have the know-how to modify existing ones; my project is to tweak community campaigns (specifically those with errors—to make them playable.
[02:27 am]
Symmetry -- Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
[01:51 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Now that I wanted to change my avatar, the error image is showing up, haha.
[01:34 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
I invite you to try out a mission I'm modifying from *StarCraft Reversed*; I'm trying to make it more playable and challenging.
[01:33 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
[01:31 am]
Ultraviolet -- Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
[12:20 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
[12:04 am]
Ultraviolet -- https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: sarahtaylor