Staredit Network > Forums > SC2 Assistance > Topic: moving marines to bunkers
moving marines to bunkers
Feb 5 2012, 6:06 pm
By: BluGeni  

Feb 5 2012, 6:06 pm BluGeni Post #1



Ok i am very new to this and have been trying to read a lot of tutorials to figure things out but i can not seem to understand how to make a trigger that moves pre spawned marines to a bunker 30 sec into the game. thanks for any help in advance



None.

Feb 5 2012, 6:19 pm Roy Post #2

An artist's depiction of an Extended Unit Death

Since you didn't give much detail, I made some assumptions:
IntoTheBunkerWeGo
      Events
            Timer - Elapsed time is 30.0 Game Time seconds
      Local Variables
            BunkerToEnter = (Random Living unit from (Bunker units in Region_On_Bunker owned by player Any Player matching Excluded: Missile, Dead, Hidden, with at most Any Amount)) <Unit>
            GroupOfMarines = (Marine units in Region_On_Marines owned by player Any Player matching Excluded: Missile, Dead, Hidden, with at most Any Amount) <Unit Group>
      Conditions
      Actions
            Unit - Order all units in GroupOfMarines to (Bunker - Load (Bunker) targeting BunkerToEnter) (Replace Existing Orders)

Basically, you have a region on the bunker you want them to enter and a region on the marines you want to issue the order to as local variables. These can change depending on how you want to implement it in your map.

As for the action itself, you select "Issue Order To Unit Group" for the group of marines, and select "Order Targeting Unit" as the type of order. Select the bunker as the unit to target and select the order as "Load (Bunker)."

Hope this helps!




Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[02:53 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: I'll check it out this weekend!
Thanks
[02:47 am]
Symmetry -- I'll check it out this weekend!
[02:40 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
I invite you to try out the map I modified. I don't have the creativity to create maps from scratch, but I do have the know-how to modify existing ones; my project is to tweak community campaigns (specifically those with errors—to make them playable.
[02:27 am]
Symmetry -- Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
[01:51 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Now that I wanted to change my avatar, the error image is showing up, haha.
[01:34 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
I invite you to try out a mission I'm modifying from *StarCraft Reversed*; I'm trying to make it more playable and challenging.
[01:33 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
[01:31 am]
Ultraviolet -- Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
[12:20 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
[12:04 am]
Ultraviolet -- https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: sarahtaylor