Staredit Network > Forums > SC2 Assistance > Topic: Weird Effect
Weird Effect
Jan 17 2012, 7:14 am
By: Bolshevik09  

Jan 17 2012, 7:14 am Bolshevik09 Post #1



I've duplicated the sentry's force-shield ability and gave it to a marine. I wanted to change that ability so it cast forever til the death of the marine but do not understand how because its a persistent effect with 30 periods at .5 duration = 15 second spell..
How to make a ability constant without having the marine auto-cast?

Another problem is now that anytime i create a marine on the map, the blue hex model creates on him even if no force-shield is nearby. I've attached a picture to explain what i'm talking about. i will PM you the map if you would like to see for yourself.
I've looked in the actor-events and nothing is creating that model at birth..

Attachments:
Effect.jpg
Hits: 5 Size: 520.63kb

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Jan 17 2012, 7:25 am by Bolshevik09.



None.

Jan 17 2012, 7:22 am DevliN Post #2

Woah

Quote from Bolshevik09
I've duplicated the sentry's force-shield ability and gave it to a marine. I wanted to change that ability so it cast forever til the death of the marine but do not understand how because its a persistent effect with 30 periods at .5 duration = 15 second spell..
Tried to get him to auto-cast it as well but could not get him to.
-removed the cost, set the auto-cast range to 5, removed cool down, checked the flags
If you want it to last forever after casting it, I think you can just change the periods and duration to 0. It's been a while since I've looked at that, though. If you want it to show up as soon as the Marine is created, you can bypass the ability altogether and just put the Behavior on the Marines from the start. You don't even need to mess with auto-casting or anything. If I remember correctly, when the Force Field ability is used, it adds a Behavior to all units inside of it. Theoretically you can just put that Behavior around the Marines from the start, and have the shield model appear when the Behavior is on. You can also go as far as to make it add the protective Behavior to other units nearby through the initial Behavior and the Area/Persistent Effect.

Quote from Bolshevik09
Another problem is now that anytime i create a marine on the map, the blue hex model creates on him even if no force-shield is nearby. I've attached a picture to explain what i'm talking about. i will PM you the map if you would like to see for yourself
We'd probably have to see the map for this one. It should only show up if they have the behavior active on them.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Jan 17 2012, 7:27 am by DevliN.



:devlin: Currently Working On: :devlin:
Myself

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[02:53 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: I'll check it out this weekend!
Thanks
[02:47 am]
Symmetry -- I'll check it out this weekend!
[02:40 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
I invite you to try out the map I modified. I don't have the creativity to create maps from scratch, but I do have the know-how to modify existing ones; my project is to tweak community campaigns (specifically those with errors—to make them playable.
[02:27 am]
Symmetry -- Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
[01:51 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Now that I wanted to change my avatar, the error image is showing up, haha.
[01:34 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
I invite you to try out a mission I'm modifying from *StarCraft Reversed*; I'm trying to make it more playable and challenging.
[01:33 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
[01:31 am]
Ultraviolet -- Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
[12:20 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
[12:04 am]
Ultraviolet -- https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: City, sarahtaylor