Staredit Network > Forums > SC2 Assistance > Topic: Enemy AI Preferences
Enemy AI Preferences
Jan 2 2012, 6:23 pm
By: ArchMcShane  

Jan 2 2012, 6:23 pm ArchMcShane Post #1



I think melee and campaign AI difficulty are both too fast-paced for the casual player, like myself. If only you can modify either one, and have it scale up, on the fly as you get better. Kinda like a practice scenario, but as you meet certain conditions, the AI gets harder and harder. And depending on the current AI difficulty, if you meet the Victory conditions, it better contributes to your Scenario score. The scoring system is based on performance, you're more likely to get a lower score if you fail the mission, rather than succeeding it. But I'll save Scoring for another thread.

Ok, say you need to meet the following conditions for the Enemy AI to scale up by one skill level

Destroy 10 of any units in the Jargon Brood.

Gather 5000 minerals, regardless of expense.

Harvest 1000 Vespene, regardless of expense.

Train 15 units from any "Barracks".

And I want the script to execute a higher AI skill level for all computer players. Meaning the Jargon Brood will act more aggressive, and manage resources more wisely. Eventually, when you trigger a certain AI skill level, you enemy will want to build a hatchery near a dense resource region on the map. Perhaps I said too much, but maybe this acts as a clue to make a second base there, before they do.

The map will have the Enemy AI scale up four times starting out with "Encampment". Then, it goes to "Installation", "Outpost", "Fortress" and finally "Stronghold". Brace yourself for the fight on "Stronghold". Survive that, and you should be able to conquer the rest of the campaign.

If this sounds like a new concept to you, then I'm stumped. If any of you made something similar to that, I would to see how you did it so I can learn by example.



None.

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[02:53 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: I'll check it out this weekend!
Thanks
[02:47 am]
Symmetry -- I'll check it out this weekend!
[02:40 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
I invite you to try out the map I modified. I don't have the creativity to create maps from scratch, but I do have the know-how to modify existing ones; my project is to tweak community campaigns (specifically those with errors—to make them playable.
[02:27 am]
Symmetry -- Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
[01:51 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Now that I wanted to change my avatar, the error image is showing up, haha.
[01:34 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
I invite you to try out a mission I'm modifying from *StarCraft Reversed*; I'm trying to make it more playable and challenging.
[01:33 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
[01:31 am]
Ultraviolet -- Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
[12:20 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
[12:04 am]
Ultraviolet -- https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: City, sarahtaylor