Staredit Network > Forums > SC2 Assistance > Topic: [SOLVED] Applying Attributes With Abilities
[SOLVED] Applying Attributes With Abilities
This topic is locked. You can no longer write replies here.
Dec 9 2011, 5:00 pm
By: Superfield  

Dec 9 2011, 5:00 pm Superfield Post #1



So, what I want is for a player to easily see how many times a certain debuff has been applied to a unit. Attributes seem to be the best method, but every tutorial out there teaches how to use attributes for hero units, where the attribute is always applied to the unit. I want the attribute to turn on when the debuff is applied and turn off when all stacks of the debuff are removed. No, it's not as easy as having the initial effect of the debuff to apply the attribute; attribute behaviors cannot be applied to units via Apply Behavior effects.

If nothing else, is there a way to toggle when the attribute is hidden or not, so that if the debuff isn't applied, the attribute is simply invisible? Or, better yet, is there a way to make the debuff's tooltip show its current stack count, discounting the need for an attribute behavior in the first place?

I hope you understand my issue and can point me to a solution that will accomplish what I'm after.



None.

Dec 19 2011, 7:04 am Superfield Post #2



Disregard this topic; attributes are not the answer to this question. It was only after I posted this that I found that applying even one attribute completely alters the look of the UI, which is not what I'm going for.

However, I did figure it out. I made a separate "dummy" ability for each stack of the debuff (mine stacked 9 times, so I had 1 that actually did the modification and 9 that existed purely for their UI elements). Each one had a requirement that the debuff be stacked the corresponding amount of times, and a validator that would remove the dummy if it didn't have any stacks of the debuff at all. Then, it was a simple matter of making the ability that applies the debuff to also apply all of the dummies. It works flawlessly now.



None.

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[02:53 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: I'll check it out this weekend!
Thanks
[02:47 am]
Symmetry -- I'll check it out this weekend!
[02:40 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
I invite you to try out the map I modified. I don't have the creativity to create maps from scratch, but I do have the know-how to modify existing ones; my project is to tweak community campaigns (specifically those with errors—to make them playable.
[02:27 am]
Symmetry -- Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
[01:51 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Now that I wanted to change my avatar, the error image is showing up, haha.
[01:34 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
I invite you to try out a mission I'm modifying from *StarCraft Reversed*; I'm trying to make it more playable and challenging.
[01:33 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
[01:31 am]
Ultraviolet -- Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
[12:20 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
[12:04 am]
Ultraviolet -- https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: City, sarahtaylor