Staredit Network > Forums > SC2 Assistance > Topic: Fall Physics
Fall Physics
Oct 30 2011, 7:43 pm
By: Bolshevik09  

Oct 30 2011, 7:43 pm Bolshevik09 Post #1



Scenario: When a Marine gets a kill-streak of 5
Action: A banshee moves in to the Marines Position and drops a "care package"
Outcome: Trying to create a 'crate' at a z height and animate it falling to the ground
Problem: 'crate' will not create at any z height other than on the ground...


1st approach: (create unit and over .6 secs change it's z coor.)
--Create 1 'crate' at 'DZ' with z offset (ground height at 'DZ' + 3.0)
--wait .1 sec
--Set 'crate' height to 2.8
--wait .1 sec
--Set 'crate' height to 2.4
--wait .1 sec
--Set 'crate' height to 2.1
--wait .1 sec
--Set 'crate' height to 1.4
--wait .1 sec
--Set 'crate' height to .5
--wait .1 sec
--Set 'crate' height to 0
ERROR: 'crate' is created on ground and then moves to 2.8 etc


2nd approach: (create unit and over .6 secs move it's z coor.)
--Create 1 'crate' at 'DZ' with z offset (anything, tried all combinations)
--wait .1 sec
--move 'crate' to point (xyz) x&y of 'DZ', z= 2.8 (blend)
--wait .1 sec
--move 'crate' to point (xyz) x&y of 'DZ', z= 2.4 (blend)
--wait .1 sec
--move 'crate' to point (xyz) x&y of 'DZ', z= 2.1 (blend)
--etc...
ERROR: 'crate' is created on ground and never moves

1) Something is going wrong with creating unit at a custom z height
2) someone has mentioned using a behavior to set the units height when its created
3) would like the 'crate' to blend and look nice
4) Only way i've been able to create a 'crate' in the air is to have it's height set to 3 in the data editor...
Suggestions?



None.

Oct 30 2011, 7:50 pm Roy Post #2

An artist's depiction of an Extended Unit Death

I had an issue with this before. It seems that creating an initial offset doesn't work properly (it's likely that it's overridden by the Data Editor setting).

You can create the crate off-screen, set its height to 3.0, and then move it to where you want it to appear to spawn. This was the little trick I used to fix the issue when I ran into it.




Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[02:53 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: I'll check it out this weekend!
Thanks
[02:47 am]
Symmetry -- I'll check it out this weekend!
[02:40 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
I invite you to try out the map I modified. I don't have the creativity to create maps from scratch, but I do have the know-how to modify existing ones; my project is to tweak community campaigns (specifically those with errors—to make them playable.
[02:27 am]
Symmetry -- Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
[01:51 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Now that I wanted to change my avatar, the error image is showing up, haha.
[01:34 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
I invite you to try out a mission I'm modifying from *StarCraft Reversed*; I'm trying to make it more playable and challenging.
[01:33 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
[01:31 am]
Ultraviolet -- Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
[12:20 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
[12:04 am]
Ultraviolet -- https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: City, sarahtaylor