Staredit Network > Forums > SC2 Assistance > Topic: Remove Models/Shapes
Remove Models/Shapes
Oct 25 2011, 8:57 am
By: TheKeyToKilling  

Oct 25 2011, 8:57 am TheKeyToKilling Post #1



I have some models and shapes that get placed at specific points at the start of the game. I then create them at different spots later in the game and need to remove the old copy. How would I go about removing previously placed models and shapes?



None.

Oct 25 2011, 9:47 am DevliN Post #2

Woah

Attach the models to units and kill/remove the units.



:devlin: Currently Working On: :devlin:
Myself

Oct 25 2011, 9:58 am TheKeyToKilling Post #3



I have triggers such as this... Actor - Create actor model ShapeGrape (Unnamed) at point Obs 1 End

Is there a way to kill or remove those without attaching them to units? I have 32 of them and really don't feel like attaching 32 models to units and remaking the triggers for it then. Would be quite a bit of work... trying to avoid doing it the long way if possible.



None.

Oct 25 2011, 10:23 am Ahli Post #4

I do stuff and thingies... Try widening and reducing the number of small nooks and crannies to correct the problem.

There should be some actions in the "actor" trigger group.




Oct 25 2011, 12:11 pm NicholasBeige Post #5



Create an array variable of type 'Actor' with a size of 31. *Arrays start at 0, so 0 to 31 = 32.
As you create each model at a point add it to this array variable.
Then you create a loop which runs through 0 to 31 and removes each 'Actor' stored in this variable.

If you need it more spelt out than this I suggest you read up on triggering tutorials at the wiki.



None.

Oct 26 2011, 2:00 am TheKeyToKilling Post #6



Quote from name:Cardinal
Create an array variable of type 'Actor' with a size of 31. *Arrays start at 0, so 0 to 31 = 32.
As you create each model at a point add it to this array variable.
Then you create a loop which runs through 0 to 31 and removes each 'Actor' stored in this variable.

If you need it more spelt out than this I suggest you read up on triggering tutorials at the wiki.

Hmmm that sounds like a feasable possibility... I'll hafta test it... I shall get back to you on that one :)

Well that's a possible way to add them to a variable for removal... but I don't think it's possible to remove or kill an actor model with a trigger. I'm just attaching the models to units now like I wanted to avoid :-/.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Oct 26 2011, 9:44 am by TheKeyToKilling.



None.

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[02:53 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: I'll check it out this weekend!
Thanks
[02:47 am]
Symmetry -- I'll check it out this weekend!
[02:40 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
I invite you to try out the map I modified. I don't have the creativity to create maps from scratch, but I do have the know-how to modify existing ones; my project is to tweak community campaigns (specifically those with errors—to make them playable.
[02:27 am]
Symmetry -- Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
[01:51 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Now that I wanted to change my avatar, the error image is showing up, haha.
[01:34 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
I invite you to try out a mission I'm modifying from *StarCraft Reversed*; I'm trying to make it more playable and challenging.
[01:33 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
[01:31 am]
Ultraviolet -- Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
[12:20 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
[12:04 am]
Ultraviolet -- https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: City, sarahtaylor