Staredit Network > Forums > SC2 Assistance > Topic: [SOLVED] Data Editor Broke
[SOLVED] Data Editor Broke
This topic is locked. You can no longer write replies here.
Oct 24 2011, 9:06 pm
By: TheKeyToKilling  

Oct 24 2011, 9:06 pm TheKeyToKilling Post #1



I was working on my map and the editor randomly stopped showing anything in the data editor. I hadn't changed any options in any of the menus.

I have restarted my computer and the map editor a couple of times and cannot get any data to appear on ANY of the tabs in the data editor.

Unit tab of data editor open (and empty) and my view menu on menu bar open so you can see settings. (See wtfisgoingon.png)

New development discovered... apparently I can view my data in the right side window but not the left side, but I can only do this in XML view. (See wtfisgoingon2.png)

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Oct 24 2011, 9:24 pm by TheKeyToKilling.



None.

Oct 25 2011, 3:08 am Roy Post #2

An artist's depiction of an Extended Unit Death

Someone's playing a joke on you, or you unintentionally had your object explorer cover up the entire left side.

Select the top bar of the object explorer and slide it down.








Oct 25 2011, 4:12 am TheKeyToKilling Post #3



LOL... thanx Roy... that solved it... There is nobody else here who could have done it as a joke... and I didn't slide it up intentionally or unintentionally... the editor must have just glitched somehow and moved it up by itself. At least I know I can access my data now :). Mucho Thanx!



None.

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[02:53 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: I'll check it out this weekend!
Thanks
[02:47 am]
Symmetry -- I'll check it out this weekend!
[02:40 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
I invite you to try out the map I modified. I don't have the creativity to create maps from scratch, but I do have the know-how to modify existing ones; my project is to tweak community campaigns (specifically those with errors—to make them playable.
[02:27 am]
Symmetry -- Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
[01:51 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Now that I wanted to change my avatar, the error image is showing up, haha.
[01:34 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
I invite you to try out a mission I'm modifying from *StarCraft Reversed*; I'm trying to make it more playable and challenging.
[01:33 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
[01:31 am]
Ultraviolet -- Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
[12:20 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
[12:04 am]
Ultraviolet -- https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: City, sarahtaylor