Staredit Network > Forums > SC2 Assistance > Topic: Warp In Zerg Units
Warp In Zerg Units
Oct 17 2011, 11:56 pm
By: playpong  

Oct 17 2011, 11:56 pm playpong Post #1



Hi, I'm having a hard time finding someone to help me out and explain this to me in a little detail...

I'm warping a roach in from a warpgate. I have that all set up, it was pretty straight forward. It works. But what I can't figure out is how to get the warp in animation to play on the roach while he's warping in.

I know that each protoss unit has it's own model (or own specific animation for warping in) but there is a blank warpIn animation with no unit as well... and if possible, I would like to use that. The animation i believe is called protossunitbirth

If I can't just have it ontop of the roach, I would gladly just settle for having that animation show inplace of the roach model until it's finished warping in...


I have the roach set to warpable, and I've added ProtossUnitBirth to it's Model... which were both previously suggested to me. However, the roach still doesn't have any effect on it.

Any suggestions? I don't know my way around the Data Editor TOO much - so something other than a 5 letter reply would be appreciated. Thanks! :)



None.

Apr 9 2012, 8:40 pm bulletbutter Post #2



The model for warpin is under Model(Build) of the units actor. Since only protoss have a warpin model you will need to use one of those. StalkerWarpIn is the name of a decent model. Just put that in the Model(Build) of the zerg units actor. I do that in one of my projects and it looks fine. However, the build time of the zerg unit you use will effect how long the warpin animation plays. 2 seconds is great for a basic warpin.



None.

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[02:53 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: I'll check it out this weekend!
Thanks
[02:47 am]
Symmetry -- I'll check it out this weekend!
[02:40 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
I invite you to try out the map I modified. I don't have the creativity to create maps from scratch, but I do have the know-how to modify existing ones; my project is to tweak community campaigns (specifically those with errors—to make them playable.
[02:27 am]
Symmetry -- Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
[01:51 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Now that I wanted to change my avatar, the error image is showing up, haha.
[01:34 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
I invite you to try out a mission I'm modifying from *StarCraft Reversed*; I'm trying to make it more playable and challenging.
[01:33 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
[01:31 am]
Ultraviolet -- Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
[12:20 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
[12:04 am]
Ultraviolet -- https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: sarahtaylor