Staredit Network > Forums > SC2 Assistance > Topic: Purple Color Wont Place
Purple Color Wont Place
Oct 16 2011, 5:56 pm
By: TheKeyToKilling  

Oct 16 2011, 5:56 pm TheKeyToKilling Post #1



Ok... so I've made a purple colored .dds file and imported it into the map... i created a texture with it and put it into the texture set that I'm using for the map. The color shows up in the palette for possible choices, but it completely refuses to place onto the map.



None.

Oct 16 2011, 8:25 pm Riney Post #2

Thigh high affectionado

I accidentally destroyed part of the first Ob. But your purple works

I remade the texture in the terrain texture data section, then re added it to the map in Map Options.



Attachments:
Food Bound.SC2Map
Hits: 1 Size: 1447.22kb



.riney on Discord.
Riney on Steam (Steam)
@RineyCat on Twitter

Sure I didn't pop off on SCBW like I wanted to, but I won VRChat. Map maker for life.

Oct 16 2011, 8:27 pm TheKeyToKilling Post #3



Yeah... the purple works, but now my shakuras rock cracked which was in the giant + type thing on the map doesn't place and the stuff I had placed onto the map of it looks purple now.

Not a valid fix... I need all 8 of the color things in my texture set.



None.

Oct 16 2011, 8:28 pm Riney Post #4

Thigh high affectionado

Lemme try again. Gimme two seconds



.riney on Discord.
Riney on Steam (Steam)
@RineyCat on Twitter

Sure I didn't pop off on SCBW like I wanted to, but I won VRChat. Map maker for life.

Oct 16 2011, 8:33 pm TheKeyToKilling Post #5



One... Two... Three... Four... Five....................... LOL



None.

Oct 16 2011, 8:34 pm Riney Post #6

Thigh high affectionado

Im going with a less Ghetto rigged version. So far from what I can tell the actual texture isnt being allowed by the editor in the Map Options section. Its just non existent.

Edit: :awesome:

Attachments:
Food Bound.SC2Map
Hits: 0 Size: 1446.57kb

Post has been edited 3 time(s), last time on Oct 16 2011, 8:43 pm by Riney.



.riney on Discord.
Riney on Steam (Steam)
@RineyCat on Twitter

Sure I didn't pop off on SCBW like I wanted to, but I won VRChat. Map maker for life.

Oct 16 2011, 8:40 pm TheKeyToKilling Post #7



wow... ur kidding me... I just solved it thanx riney... go into map options then textures... then the shakuras hextiles which i'm not using on the map is listed... i just clicked the shakuras textiles box and changed it to the purple listing from the texture set. And I also tested to make sure I can get the shakuras hextiles back afterwards and I can... so it's not removing the texture so I can use it for future maps. Even though you technically didn't solve it... you practically pointed me towards how to do it... I'll be nice and give you the 50 minerals :P



None.

Oct 16 2011, 8:43 pm Riney Post #8

Thigh high affectionado

Just finally uploaded the version where I changed the Hextiles myself.



.riney on Discord.
Riney on Steam (Steam)
@RineyCat on Twitter

Sure I didn't pop off on SCBW like I wanted to, but I won VRChat. Map maker for life.

Oct 18 2011, 11:49 am TheKeyToKilling Post #9



How's it looking riney?

I changed up the colors a little. :D



Still a work in progress. ;)



None.

Oct 24 2011, 2:07 am Tempz Post #10



Looks like you got a bound map... can't wait for it :hurr:



None.

Oct 24 2011, 5:03 am TheKeyToKilling Post #11



Quote from Tempz
Looks like you got a bound map... can't wait for it :hurr:

thanx for your sarcasm... some people do like bounding though :P

also Double Rainbow Bound is already released... this is my second :P



None.

Oct 25 2011, 6:55 pm Riney Post #12

Thigh high affectionado

Quote from TheKeyToKilling
How's it looking riney?

I changed up the colors a little. :D



Still a work in progress. ;)

Looks good so far :D



.riney on Discord.
Riney on Steam (Steam)
@RineyCat on Twitter

Sure I didn't pop off on SCBW like I wanted to, but I won VRChat. Map maker for life.

Oct 26 2011, 1:58 am TheKeyToKilling Post #13



Terrain is finished... you can actually check it out on sc2... it's published... I'm still working on the map though :P



None.

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[02:53 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: I'll check it out this weekend!
Thanks
[02:47 am]
Symmetry -- I'll check it out this weekend!
[02:40 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
I invite you to try out the map I modified. I don't have the creativity to create maps from scratch, but I do have the know-how to modify existing ones; my project is to tweak community campaigns (specifically those with errors—to make them playable.
[02:27 am]
Symmetry -- Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
[01:51 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Now that I wanted to change my avatar, the error image is showing up, haha.
[01:34 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
I invite you to try out a mission I'm modifying from *StarCraft Reversed*; I'm trying to make it more playable and challenging.
[01:33 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
[01:31 am]
Ultraviolet -- Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
[12:20 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
[12:04 am]
Ultraviolet -- https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: City, sarahtaylor