Staredit Network > Forums > SC2 Assistance > Topic: [SOLVED] Cliffs aren't displaying properly
[SOLVED] Cliffs aren't displaying properly
Oct 13 2011, 4:45 am
By: DevliN  

Oct 13 2011, 4:45 am DevliN Post #1

Woah

I noticed this a couple weeks ago, but can't figure what is causing it. As you can see in the below screenshots, the bottom of my cliffs looks like raised terrain. I can actually add terrain texture to it if I wanted to, but I really just want them to look like normal cliffs.



At first I thought it was just my map, but it seems to be like this on every new map I create. Has this happened to anyone else, or does anyone know what would cause it?

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Oct 13 2011, 9:57 am by DevliN.



:devlin: Currently Working On: :devlin:
Myself

Oct 13 2011, 9:27 am Jack Post #2

>be faceless void >mfw I have no face

Does it appear like this in game? I can't tell if those screenshots are editor ones or not.
This may or may not work, I don't think it's quite the problem you're having.
1: Select your Terrain layer and go to Terrain Object.

2: Select hide Terrain Cells

3: Select a size of 1x1 square.

4: go over the edges of your cliff.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Oct 13 2011, 9:33 am by Jack.



Red classic.

"In short, their absurdities are so extreme that it is painful even to quote them."

Oct 13 2011, 9:45 am Ahli Post #3

I do stuff and thingies... Try widening and reducing the number of small nooks and crannies to correct the problem.

The terrain display settings have "show hidden terrain cells" enabled.
Hit ctrl + T to toggle that.




Oct 13 2011, 9:53 am DevliN Post #4

Woah

Haha that fixed it, thanks. For a while there I was dreading having to redo the terrain or something.

It was showing up like that in game, too, interestingly enough.



:devlin: Currently Working On: :devlin:
Myself

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[02:53 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: I'll check it out this weekend!
Thanks
[02:47 am]
Symmetry -- I'll check it out this weekend!
[02:40 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
I invite you to try out the map I modified. I don't have the creativity to create maps from scratch, but I do have the know-how to modify existing ones; my project is to tweak community campaigns (specifically those with errors—to make them playable.
[02:27 am]
Symmetry -- Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
[01:51 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Now that I wanted to change my avatar, the error image is showing up, haha.
[01:34 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
I invite you to try out a mission I'm modifying from *StarCraft Reversed*; I'm trying to make it more playable and challenging.
[01:33 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
[01:31 am]
Ultraviolet -- Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
[12:20 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
[12:04 am]
Ultraviolet -- https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: City, sarahtaylor