Staredit Network > Forums > SC2 Assistance > Topic: Need Model Made For Me
Need Model Made For Me
Oct 2 2011, 2:23 am
By: TheKeyToKilling  

Oct 2 2011, 2:23 am TheKeyToKilling Post #1



I need a frog model. Any help much appreciated. Will give credit where credit is due.

I could also use some models of vehicles... like cars, trucks, excetra... I'm thinking of making a frogger map :)

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Oct 2 2011, 2:34 am by TheKeyToKilling.



None.

Oct 2 2011, 2:35 am Jack Post #2

>be faceless void >mfw I have no face

Do you wanr it animated?



Red classic.

"In short, their absurdities are so extreme that it is painful even to quote them."

Oct 2 2011, 10:35 am TheKeyToKilling Post #3



Quote from Jack
Do you wanr it animated?

No it doesn't have to be animated.



None.

Oct 3 2011, 8:30 pm Jack Post #4

>be faceless void >mfw I have no face

I can give it a shot then, have you got any examples on what you want it to look like?



Red classic.

"In short, their absurdities are so extreme that it is painful even to quote them."

Oct 5 2011, 4:28 am TheKeyToKilling Post #5



well the original frogger looked like this http://www.atariage.com/screenshot_page.html?SoftwareLabelID=194

but it would probably appeal more to players if it was newer aged... so here's something to work with.

http://www.nackvision.com/myspace/games/images/frogger.jpg
http://www.google.com/imgres?q=frogger&hl=en&biw=1600&bih=1099&gbv=2&tbm=isch&tbnid=tVkXoowv1Hr7rM:&imgrefurl=http://linux.softpedia.com/progScreenshots/PiX-Frogger-Screenshot-29264.html&docid=Rn1jfefcdqi1dM&w=646&h=507&ei=NdqLTtH7LafZ0QHU6OCEBQ&zoom=1&iact=rc&dur=343&page=1&tbnh=173&tbnw=220&start=0&ndsp=35&ved=1t:429,r:10,s:0&tx=140&ty=107
http://www.google.com/imgres?q=frogger&hl=en&gbv=2&biw=1600&bih=1099&tbm=isch&tbnid=hV3lEE_i8UHf7M:&imgrefurl=http://notwearingpantz.com/%3Fp%3D144&docid=WXkh0KNsulxgmM&w=573&h=423&ei=0NyLTv-LHMry0gHVjsHOBA&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=506&vpy=197&dur=71&hovh=193&hovw=261&tx=135&ty=106&page=1&tbnh=153&tbnw=207&start=0&ndsp=35&ved=1t:429,r:2,s:0

I need the following: Car (shortest length), SUV (middle length), Truck (longest length), Frog, Lily Pad, Log, Snake

the car, suv, truck, lily pad, log, and snake have to all be horizontal facing... the frog has to be vertical



None.

Oct 5 2011, 4:38 am Jack Post #6

>be faceless void >mfw I have no face

They'll be 3D models; you can rotate them however you want.

I'm currently ill but when I'm feeling better I'll try get thesedone; don't expect them done for another few weeks though.



Red classic.

"In short, their absurdities are so extreme that it is painful even to quote them."

Oct 10 2011, 8:37 am TheKeyToKilling Post #7



I also need an alligator... I forgot about that one... take ur time... no hurry



None.

Oct 10 2011, 9:10 am Jack Post #8

>be faceless void >mfw I have no face

OK, I've been really sick so haven't really made any progress.



Red classic.

"In short, their absurdities are so extreme that it is painful even to quote them."

Oct 10 2011, 10:33 pm Jack Post #9

>be faceless void >mfw I have no face

http://www.staredit.net/galaxyedit/unit/25.Lilypad-Model
and texture: http://www.staredit.net/galaxyedit/unit/26.
Haven't tested in SC2, a screenshot of it ingame would be nice. It may be rather large or too small, I don't know.



Red classic.

"In short, their absurdities are so extreme that it is painful even to quote them."

Oct 11 2011, 4:17 am TheKeyToKilling Post #10



lilypad looks fine... not sure what the texture is for or how to use it... I'll hafta ask my map editor teacher Gun- aka Remedy :)



None.

Oct 11 2011, 4:20 am DevliN Post #11

Woah

The texture file adds a texture to the model, so you need to upload both in order to make it work correctly.



:devlin: Currently Working On: :devlin:
Myself

Oct 11 2011, 4:41 am TheKeyToKilling Post #12



Quote from DevliN
The texture file adds a texture to the model, so you need to upload both in order to make it work correctly.

I uploaded both and put the model onto a unit... but the model is showing up as nothing... just pure blue. What am I missing here?



None.

Oct 11 2011, 4:46 am DevliN Post #13

Woah

Did you put the texture in /Assets/Textures/?

Also, when you upload a new model or textures, make sure you save right after (from the Import window).



:devlin: Currently Working On: :devlin:
Myself

Oct 11 2011, 5:40 am TheKeyToKilling Post #14



Quote from DevliN
Did you put the texture in /Assets/Textures/?

Also, when you upload a new model or textures, make sure you save right after (from the Import window).

Yeah I'm not getting it to work :-/ LOL



None.

Oct 11 2011, 9:07 am Jack Post #15

>be faceless void >mfw I have no face

Screenshot your Import module so we can check that the texture is in the correct place.

EDIT
By request;
Open the Import module.
Go to Import Files
Hit Browse. Locate your texture. Select it via the checkbox.
Press OK
Select it and rightclick it and choose Move. Move it to /Assets/Textures/
New folders should be made and the file moved to them. Save the map and close the Importer and test your lilypad ingame.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Oct 11 2011, 9:23 am by Jack.



Red classic.

"In short, their absurdities are so extreme that it is painful even to quote them."

Oct 11 2011, 9:36 am TheKeyToKilling Post #16



Well... ground is glitchy... air works LOL

Post has been edited 6 time(s), last time on Oct 11 2011, 10:26 am by TheKeyToKilling.



None.

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[02:53 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: I'll check it out this weekend!
Thanks
[02:47 am]
Symmetry -- I'll check it out this weekend!
[02:40 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
I invite you to try out the map I modified. I don't have the creativity to create maps from scratch, but I do have the know-how to modify existing ones; my project is to tweak community campaigns (specifically those with errors—to make them playable.
[02:27 am]
Symmetry -- Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
[01:51 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Now that I wanted to change my avatar, the error image is showing up, haha.
[01:34 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
I invite you to try out a mission I'm modifying from *StarCraft Reversed*; I'm trying to make it more playable and challenging.
[01:33 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
[01:31 am]
Ultraviolet -- Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
[12:20 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
[12:04 am]
Ultraviolet -- https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: City, sarahtaylor