Staredit Network > Forums > SC2 Assistance > Topic: Patch 1.4: Undocumented Changes / Problems
Patch 1.4: Undocumented Changes / Problems
Sep 21 2011, 3:54 pm
By: Ahli  

Sep 21 2011, 3:54 pm Ahli Post #1

I do stuff and thingies... Try widening and reducing the number of small nooks and crannies to correct the problem.


Patch 1.4


Undocumented Changes in Custom Games & Editor:
  • Units with the flag "projectile" need to have "check always for collision" enabled to have collision settings used (you might be able to move through some units now which weren't intended to be moved through by the map's author).
  • A "after map crash" that crashed the game while loading any map after playing Ahli's diablo map seems to be fixed.
  • Some unnecessary warnings aren't shown anymore, if you are using a custom .SC2Style file.
  • The unit's revive type now works as intended. So the set unit type in the unit object will be created (it can be another unit).
  • There is a new dialog item type "movie" which also has an action. This appears to only be usable in Blizzard's maps.
  • The force effect seems to have been changed.
  • Deleting Texture Declarations in the wrong order will no longer crash the editor.
  • If you only have 1 localisation in your map, every game will use that localization. Example: If you have enUS, it should be able to be played properly with European SC2 versions without "Param\Value\..." error messages.

New Bugs/Problems in Editor:
  • Terrain from old maps (saved pre patch 1.4) are drawn in some bright/white overlay. FIX: Change the Layer in the Editor and/or save the map. This problem seems to be connected with the new lightmap in 1.4 (patch notes state that you need to have the new light map before publishing).
  • An error "PAINTEDPATHINGSAVEFAILED " can appear while saving the map. Maybe this is fixable with editing the pathing in the terrain editor. Error wasn't related to the patch itself. The user had not enough memory space left.
  • Footprint editor doesn't load the values properly. So if you open it and want to change it, you have to redo the footprint.

If you find more, post them.

Post has been edited 4 time(s), last time on Oct 3 2011, 6:32 pm by Ahli.




Sep 22 2011, 2:47 am ClansAreForGays Post #2



Was hoping for gameplay ones :/




Sep 28 2011, 12:30 am ClansAreForGays Post #3



Banelings can no longer be dropped where there is no space for them.





Sep 28 2011, 4:41 pm Riney Post #4

Thigh high affectionado

Quote from Ahli
[*] Terrain from old maps (saved pre patch 1.4) are drawn in some bright/white overlay. FIX: Change the Layer in the Editor and/or save the map. This problem seems to be connected with the new lightmap in 1.4 (patch notes state that you need to have the new light map before publishing).

I cant seem to make this fix work, are there any other ways to do it?



.riney on Discord.
Riney on Steam (Steam)
@RineyCat on Twitter

Sure I didn't pop off on SCBW like I wanted to, but I won VRChat. Map maker for life.

Sep 28 2011, 7:27 pm Ahli Post #5

I do stuff and thingies... Try widening and reducing the number of small nooks and crannies to correct the problem.

It's showing the foliage vision in editor by default. Try to disable it with a hotkey or swap to another layer.




Sep 30 2011, 8:11 pm Ahli Post #6

I do stuff and thingies... Try widening and reducing the number of small nooks and crannies to correct the problem.

It seems like the footprint editor is useable now.
First you set the dimensions and then you edit layer 1 with the stuff you want.
I don't have the time to test now what I just did (2x1 footprint), but the entries look promising...




Oct 10 2011, 11:49 pm Tempz Post #7



I find it interesting your map crashes the editor :hurr:



None.

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[02:53 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: I'll check it out this weekend!
Thanks
[02:47 am]
Symmetry -- I'll check it out this weekend!
[02:40 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
I invite you to try out the map I modified. I don't have the creativity to create maps from scratch, but I do have the know-how to modify existing ones; my project is to tweak community campaigns (specifically those with errors—to make them playable.
[02:27 am]
Symmetry -- Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
[01:51 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Now that I wanted to change my avatar, the error image is showing up, haha.
[01:34 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
I invite you to try out a mission I'm modifying from *StarCraft Reversed*; I'm trying to make it more playable and challenging.
[01:33 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
[01:31 am]
Ultraviolet -- Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
[12:20 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
[12:04 am]
Ultraviolet -- https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: City, sarahtaylor