Staredit Network > Forums > SC2 Assistance > Topic: Units entering region/point
Units entering region/point
Sep 19 2011, 5:34 pm
By: GhostChenmo  

Sep 19 2011, 5:34 pm GhostChenmo Post #1



How can I make a trigger that doesn't fire its actions until all the remaining units of a player have entered into a region or within the boundaries of a point. I also need to make the units move once all the remaining units enter the region/point.

Another question: What would a trigger look like that checks if a player has any units on the map or in a region/point?



None.

Sep 20 2011, 1:13 am Roy Post #2

An artist's depiction of an Extended Unit Death

Just make the trigger either not run if conditions haven't been met or use "Wait for Condition" as the first action for the trigger.

You can use the "Find Units" condition to check for a number of units within a range of a point.




Sep 20 2011, 1:53 am NicholasBeige Post #3



Quote from GhostChenmo
How can I make a trigger that doesn't fire its actions until all the remaining units of a player have entered into a region or within the boundaries of a point. I also need to make the units move once all the remaining units enter the region/point.

Another question: What would a trigger look like that checks if a player has any units on the map or in a region/point?
One way of going about it would be to use a unit group variable and add the players units to this group once they reach a certain point/area. If they leave the certain point/area, remove them from the group.
Then you can have another trigger firing either periodically or once every time a unit reaches the point/area - that checks if all of the units controlled by a player are in the unit group. If they are, then commence with the actions.



None.

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[02:53 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: I'll check it out this weekend!
Thanks
[02:47 am]
Symmetry -- I'll check it out this weekend!
[02:40 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
I invite you to try out the map I modified. I don't have the creativity to create maps from scratch, but I do have the know-how to modify existing ones; my project is to tweak community campaigns (specifically those with errors—to make them playable.
[02:27 am]
Symmetry -- Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
[01:51 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Now that I wanted to change my avatar, the error image is showing up, haha.
[01:34 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
I invite you to try out a mission I'm modifying from *StarCraft Reversed*; I'm trying to make it more playable and challenging.
[01:33 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
[01:31 am]
Ultraviolet -- Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
[12:20 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
[12:04 am]
Ultraviolet -- https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: City, sarahtaylor