Staredit Network > Forums > SC2 Assistance > Topic: Help With Copying Model, Behaviors, Etc.
Help With Copying Model, Behaviors, Etc.
Sep 6 2011, 5:05 am
By: TheKeyToKilling  

Sep 6 2011, 5:05 am TheKeyToKilling Post #1



I have a bound i'm making where you collect food by beating obstacles. I want the bounding unit to be a zergling but have it look like the zealot chef (which i've accomplished).

Then I wanted to get the hat on the chef. I managed to get a hat... not what I was expecting to get based on the Aiur Chef map, but it works.

Then I needed the utensil things that it's supposed to hold in it's hands... I wanted the rolling pin and spatula only. I got stuck on copying the behavior for these. Can't figure it out.

I also wanted the apron to have a picture on it like it has in Aiur Chef, but cannot figure out how they did that, nor do I see and triggers for it on their map.

Attached is the map I want the Zealot Chef to be on (DO NOT DELETE ANY TRIGGERS I HAVE... THIS IS A TEMPLATE FOR BOUND MAPS... I KNOW THE TRIGGERS AREN'T SET TO DO ANYTHING)

Aiur Chef can be opened in the editor by logging onto b.net and opening it from battle.net files. It was made by blizzard.



None.

Sep 6 2011, 3:51 pm Ahli Post #2

I do stuff and thingies... Try widening and reducing the number of small nooks and crannies to correct the problem.

Quote from TheKeyToKilling
Then I wanted to get the hat on the chef. I managed to get a hat... not what I was expecting to get based on the Aiur Chef map, but it works.
They use an animation to attach that to the unit somehow. It's pretty strange that they used that.

I'm attaching stuff to my units with "actor site operation - attachements". I let them create based on special behaviors that are created or destroyed as their actor events. These attachments needs a attachment point which you can find in the unit previewer (on the right side are small buttons to show more folders and then you select the attachment point and it will start a small animation; you might need to enable the attachment point rendering in the upper menu or with the hotkey "A"). But I guess it's "weaponLeft" and "WeaponRight".

What you need to do to attach stuff based on behavior:
1. create behavior (buff) "YourBehaviorForItem1leftWeapon" that does nothing.
2. create actor with type "model animation style - persistent"
3. set the model as you wish
4. add the following to "host Site Operations": "Site Operation - Attach WeaponLeft". This has to be a valid attachment point on the model.
5. Add in the events:
"Behavior.YourBehaviorForItem1leftWeapon.Create
-> Create"
and
"Behavior.YourBehaviorForItem1leftWeapon.Destroy
-> AnimBracketStop BSD" ("Destroy" could work, too)
6. Add the behavior on a unit and the model creates itself on the attachment point. If the behavior wears off, the attachment disappears. You can control that with triggers for example. So you only need to add the behaviors to the unit and the attachment creates itself.


Quote from TheKeyToKilling
I also wanted the apron to have a picture on it like it has in Aiur Chef, but cannot figure out how they did that, nor do I see and triggers for it on their map.
You need to add the textures to your map for the imported models. That's why every model you added is light blue (= no texture file found).
The textures should be found in the aiur chef map/mod, too.

The image is made with a decal. You would need to replace that texture with your modified texture.




Sep 6 2011, 4:34 pm NicholasBeige Post #3



Quote from Ahli
Quote from TheKeyToKilling
Then I wanted to get the hat on the chef. I managed to get a hat... not what I was expecting to get based on the Aiur Chef map, but it works.
They use an animation to attach that to the unit somehow. It's pretty strange that they used that.

Not so strange. The Marine Combat shield is stored as an animation also, or rather, it is hidden until the anim_cover sequence is activated.



None.

Sep 6 2011, 9:56 pm TheKeyToKilling Post #4



Ok. I'll look at map and see if I can figure it out off of what you said Ahli, but I think I'm still going to be lost. I'm way too new at this sc2 map making stuff. Not sure how to do a lot of things yet.

Yeah I can't figure it out... anyone mind doing this for me? LOL

I can select the pictures I want it to use... just need it setup :-/.

Me give credit to helper!

Me stuck :(

Someone needs to make a walk-through tutorial for this crap LOL

Post has been edited 3 time(s), last time on Sep 7 2011, 4:51 am by TheKeyToKilling.



None.

Sep 7 2011, 10:07 am Ahli Post #5

I do stuff and thingies... Try widening and reducing the number of small nooks and crannies to correct the problem.

- I've added 2 triggers at the top that contain actions to add and remove the tools to the zealot at the top of the trigger list.
- I've added 1 behavior as a toggle for drawing the tools.
- I've added 2 models for the tools.
- I've added 2 actors with the tool models that will attach themselves on the unit with the behavior. One will attach itself on the left and one on the right weapon attachment point of the unit's model.

Check the events of the actors I added. You should/need to understand what they do. Actor events are like small triggers.




Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[02:53 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: I'll check it out this weekend!
Thanks
[02:47 am]
Symmetry -- I'll check it out this weekend!
[02:40 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
I invite you to try out the map I modified. I don't have the creativity to create maps from scratch, but I do have the know-how to modify existing ones; my project is to tweak community campaigns (specifically those with errors—to make them playable.
[02:27 am]
Symmetry -- Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
[01:51 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Now that I wanted to change my avatar, the error image is showing up, haha.
[01:34 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
I invite you to try out a mission I'm modifying from *StarCraft Reversed*; I'm trying to make it more playable and challenging.
[01:33 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
[01:31 am]
Ultraviolet -- Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
[12:20 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
[12:04 am]
Ultraviolet -- https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: City, sarahtaylor