Staredit Network > Forums > SC2 Assistance > Topic: Custom Melee Map with Campaign Abilities
Custom Melee Map with Campaign Abilities
Aug 27 2011, 11:05 am
By: Dharmok  

Aug 27 2011, 11:05 am Dharmok Post #1



I'm brand new to editing Starcraft 2 maps.

All I want to do is make it so I can have a few of the Terran units from the campaign, like Firebat, Medics, Wraiths, Goliath, Vultures. I also want to know how to enable the campaign research abilities for all the Terran units.

Does anyone know how to explain it simply? Maybe there's a beginners tutorial somewhere?

Thanks a lot,

Dharmok & Jilad



None.

Aug 27 2011, 11:39 am Jack Post #2

>be faceless void >mfw I have no face

Welcome to SEN!

There's quite a bit of info on the wiki and youtube. For your question, you want to add the campaign dependency:
http://www.galaxywiki.net/FAQs
"You must add a Campaign Dependency at the top of the list of your map's Dependencies (found under File -> Map Dependencies)."



Red classic.

"In short, their absurdities are so extreme that it is painful even to quote them."

Aug 27 2011, 12:05 pm Ahli Post #3

I do stuff and thingies... Try widening and reducing the number of small nooks and crannies to correct the problem.

1. You need to add the campaign AND the story mode dependency to your map. To avoid bugs, you should remove multiplayer dependency, if it is existing in the map. So you have 3 dependencies.
2. Add the story techology for each player in a trigger that runs in the beginning of the map. Use an integer variable as the player and use a loop that adds every story technology to the player that you want to use. There are more technologies in the editor than they are used in the campaign.

If you can't accomplish that, I will upload a map that has this (which I just made to learn how to do that).




Aug 27 2011, 7:18 pm Dharmok Post #4



Quote from Ahli
1. You need to add the campaign AND the story mode dependency to your map. To avoid bugs, you should remove multiplayer dependency, if it is existing in the map. So you have 3 dependencies.
2. Add the story techology for each player in a trigger that runs in the beginning of the map. Use an integer variable as the player and use a loop that adds every story technology to the player that you want to use. There are more technologies in the editor than they are used in the campaign.

If you can't accomplish that, I will upload a map that has this (which I just made to learn how to do that).

---------

Yes I would like to see that map you made to learn how to do that. I'm having trouble doing what you suggested :(



None.

Aug 27 2011, 7:38 pm Ahli Post #5

I do stuff and thingies... Try widening and reducing the number of small nooks and crannies to correct the problem.

Notice the dependencies under: "File -> Dependencies". Blizzard's campaign uses exactly the same.

In Trigger editor there is 1 trigger that gives every player every tech that was available there. Notice that not all of these techs were used/available in the campaign.

Have fun. :)

Attachments:
campaignTest.SC2Map
Hits: 4 Size: 76.8kb




Aug 28 2011, 3:14 am Dharmok Post #6



Here's the map I'm trying to make. It's supposed to be 2 human Terran vs 4 ai Protoss/Zerg. I can't get it to work :(
What am i doing wrong?

Edit: Dammit can't upload the file...

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Aug 28 2011, 3:30 am by Roy. Reason: Try not to double-post



None.

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[02:53 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: I'll check it out this weekend!
Thanks
[02:47 am]
Symmetry -- I'll check it out this weekend!
[02:40 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
I invite you to try out the map I modified. I don't have the creativity to create maps from scratch, but I do have the know-how to modify existing ones; my project is to tweak community campaigns (specifically those with errors—to make them playable.
[02:27 am]
Symmetry -- Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
[01:51 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Now that I wanted to change my avatar, the error image is showing up, haha.
[01:34 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
I invite you to try out a mission I'm modifying from *StarCraft Reversed*; I'm trying to make it more playable and challenging.
[01:33 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
[01:31 am]
Ultraviolet -- Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
[12:20 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
[12:04 am]
Ultraviolet -- https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: City, sarahtaylor