Staredit Network > Forums > SC2 Assistance > Topic: Increasing Energy-Regenration
Increasing Energy-Regenration
Aug 24 2011, 3:16 pm
By: Devourer  

Aug 24 2011, 3:16 pm Devourer Post #1

Hello

How can I create a buff which increases the regeneration of energy for a unit when he is not casting?
Like, he casts and the regen stops. After 1 second of no cast, his regen is at 1, 2 seconds -> 2, 3 seconds -> 4... increasing with each second passed.

Thanks in advance :)!



Please report errors in the Staredit.Network forum.

Aug 24 2011, 6:01 pm Ahli Post #2

I do stuff and thingies... Try widening and reducing the number of small nooks and crannies to correct the problem.

If you have only a few units, you might want to use triggers to simplify that...

- So you would use a dummy effect with each spell in a set which starts a trigger that sets the regeneration rate to 0 (unit property).
- You also add a NoRegenerationPhaseBehavior and remove the existing PeriodicRegenerationDummyEffectBehavior (which lets a trigger execute the regeneration and increase the regeneration rate) on the unit.
- After the NoRegenerationPhaseBehavior runs out, you apply the PeriodicRegenerationDummyEffectBehavior again. So the PeriodicRegenerationDummyEffectBehavior would be the unit's default behavior (existent at start).



Without trigger usage you might need to create a chain of behaviors that add each other after another. Don't use stacks because I've read that high stack counts can create lag. If you cast, you would execute a set that remove all of these behaviors and applies the first one (no regeneration behavior).
You might even try to create the behavior chain with xml editing inside the mpq because that should be faster than editor usage for copy paste.




Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[02:53 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: I'll check it out this weekend!
Thanks
[02:47 am]
Symmetry -- I'll check it out this weekend!
[02:40 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
I invite you to try out the map I modified. I don't have the creativity to create maps from scratch, but I do have the know-how to modify existing ones; my project is to tweak community campaigns (specifically those with errors—to make them playable.
[02:27 am]
Symmetry -- Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
[01:51 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Now that I wanted to change my avatar, the error image is showing up, haha.
[01:34 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
I invite you to try out a mission I'm modifying from *StarCraft Reversed*; I'm trying to make it more playable and challenging.
[01:33 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
[01:31 am]
Ultraviolet -- Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
[12:20 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
[12:04 am]
Ultraviolet -- https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: City, sarahtaylor