Staredit Network > Forums > SC2 Assistance > Topic: Trigger Error
Trigger Error
Aug 20 2011, 9:32 pm
By: TheKeyToKilling  

Aug 20 2011, 9:32 pm TheKeyToKilling Post #1



See Attached Files



None.

Aug 20 2011, 10:29 pm Roy Post #2

An artist's depiction of an Extended Unit Death

That's a pretty big trigger. Maybe if you provided more details, such as exactly when this error is thrown, we can find the issue more quickly.

Generally, this issue arises when you use a function requesting a unit involved with an event when there is no reference. Are you running this trigger from another trigger?




Aug 21 2011, 3:07 am TheKeyToKilling Post #3



It happens every time I skip an obstacle... not sure if it happens if I don't use skip (whether it's in practice mode or not)... I shall go check right now.

Ok... I looked into it and it only happens when I skip an obstacle in practice mode (skipping in normal mode isn't possible)

The trigger is working correctly, but I'm getting this error message... have no idea what's going on... never had this error before... it just randomly started.

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on Aug 21 2011, 3:21 am by TheKeyToKilling.



None.

Aug 21 2011, 3:48 am Roy Post #4

An artist's depiction of an Extended Unit Death

The problem is exactly what I mentioned above:
Quote from Roy
Generally, this issue arises when you use a function requesting a unit involved with an event when there is no reference. Are you running this trigger from another trigger?
The reason this error appears is because you're calling the trigger from another trigger. When it gets to the argument "Triggering Unit," it has no reference to any unit, since a unit isn't triggering the event. If you don't understand this, I can explain it in more detail.

To correct this, you should make an independent trigger to skip an obstacle. This trigger should not have any event, because you are calling it with another trigger. For this trigger, you wouldn't use "Triggering Unit" because no unit is triggering it.




Aug 21 2011, 3:51 am TheKeyToKilling Post #5



see... that's weird, because it's been like this forever and it's never errored before.

Nope Roy... you're officially wrong. And it's because of 2 reasons.

1. It worked without erroring before as 2 triggers.
2. I copied the practice end obstacle trigger and put the -skip command for it's events and removed the unit enters area condition.

And I just found more info on the issue.

I deleted the owner of triggering unit is not equal to 10 actions from the new trigger I made and the error message disappeared
Therefore it has something to do with those.

I made multiple triggers though and fixed the issue just in case you're wondering

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on Aug 21 2011, 4:16 am by TheKeyToKilling.



None.

Aug 21 2011, 8:55 am Ahli Post #6

I do stuff and thingies... Try widening and reducing the number of small nooks and crannies to correct the problem.

Quote from TheKeyToKilling
I deleted the owner of triggering unit is not equal to 10 actions from the new trigger I made and the error message disappeared
Therefore it has something to do with those.
Uhm, that's exactly what Roy was trying to tell you: (if you type in something and start the trigger based on the chat event, triggering unit isn't set because there was no unit interaction in that event.).

"Triggering unit" will be given to new trigger instances, if you start these from other triggers. If you had another unit event instead of the chat event, "triggering unit" would have had a value and no error would have been occured.
So, chat event + triggering unit = error.




Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[02:53 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: I'll check it out this weekend!
Thanks
[02:47 am]
Symmetry -- I'll check it out this weekend!
[02:40 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
I invite you to try out the map I modified. I don't have the creativity to create maps from scratch, but I do have the know-how to modify existing ones; my project is to tweak community campaigns (specifically those with errors—to make them playable.
[02:27 am]
Symmetry -- Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
[01:51 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Now that I wanted to change my avatar, the error image is showing up, haha.
[01:34 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
I invite you to try out a mission I'm modifying from *StarCraft Reversed*; I'm trying to make it more playable and challenging.
[01:33 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
[01:31 am]
Ultraviolet -- Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
[12:20 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
[12:04 am]
Ultraviolet -- https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: UndeadStar, Ultraviolet