Staredit Network > Forums > SC2 Assistance > Topic: Open Source Europe Terrain
Open Source Europe Terrain
Aug 12 2011, 5:32 am
By: Veta  

Aug 12 2011, 5:32 am Veta Post #1



Hey there, been working on a map but between work and school I'm not going to have the time to finish it so I just decided that instead of letting all my work go to waste I'd let all of you have a chance to put it to good use.
I've made a pretty accurate orthographic projection of Europe, North Africa, and Asia Minor... enjoy:
http://www.sc2mapster.com/assets/europe-256x256/


Attachments:
Europe 256x256.SC2Map
Hits: 2 Size: 2405.87kb

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on Mar 18 2012, 4:52 am by Veta.



None.

Oct 9 2011, 10:28 pm Tempz Post #2



This is really well made; how long did it take for you to finish it?



None.

Oct 14 2011, 4:32 am Veta Post #3



Finally got some down time so I decided to check up on staredit :)

The above took about 3 weeks, we used another Europe map as a base so that helped speed things along but for the most part this is entirely my team's effort, nothing is left from the original terrain. The outline took about a week in itself and then getting the terrain how we wanted and touching it up (plus texturing) took another 2 weeks. Unfortunately we didn't get around to perfecting the Urals, Caucus, Asia, Scandinavia, or Africa but I do feel pretty comfortable with Central Europe and Great Britain. We were expecting to tweak terrain as we placed cities down for a possible diplomacy map, so the most complete terrain is near city locations.

The map also comes with a predesigned boat system wherein certain ground units would act as boats that can't cross a cliff level. This would allow regular ground units to walk across the map freely without need for transports in areas like the bosporous or jutland. Boats would then teleport across these land traversable areas (e.g. Grenada) via triggers. The advatage of this as opposed to no fly zones all over the map is that boat units retain proper pathing.

Anyhow thanks for the appreciation



None.

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[02:53 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: I'll check it out this weekend!
Thanks
[02:47 am]
Symmetry -- I'll check it out this weekend!
[02:40 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
I invite you to try out the map I modified. I don't have the creativity to create maps from scratch, but I do have the know-how to modify existing ones; my project is to tweak community campaigns (specifically those with errors—to make them playable.
[02:27 am]
Symmetry -- Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
[01:51 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Now that I wanted to change my avatar, the error image is showing up, haha.
[01:34 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
I invite you to try out a mission I'm modifying from *StarCraft Reversed*; I'm trying to make it more playable and challenging.
[01:33 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
[01:31 am]
Ultraviolet -- Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
[12:20 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
[12:04 am]
Ultraviolet -- https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: UndeadStar, Ultraviolet