Staredit Network > Forums > SC2 Assistance > Topic: Modify height of a unit
Modify height of a unit
Aug 8 2011, 1:06 am
By: Ahli  

Aug 8 2011, 1:06 am Ahli Post #1

I do stuff and thingies... Try widening and reducing the number of small nooks and crannies to correct the problem.

I want to raise a newly created unit out of the ground.

I've tried it using behaviors only. -> Fail, behaviors can't have a negative height modifier

I've tried using a behavior that lowers the unit at start and raises it afterwards. -> no height change (wtf?!)
(To be exact, I've used 2 behaviors for that, but the height effects aren't )

I've already had huge problems with raising and letting a unit fall down with a behavior and modify height effects. With a workarounds (e.g. apply modification a 2nd time) I could make it work.

Even the trigger action modify unit height can't sink a unit into the ground...

BUT is there a way that makes the data stuff work like it should work?

I guess this is a bug on Blizzard's side. The unit's raise & fall started to bug when Blizzard applied an item's height "fix".




Aug 8 2011, 1:13 am DevliN Post #2

Woah

You can make the unit's height a negative by default, in the Data Editor. Then use triggers/behaviors to add height to it, giving it the illusion of coming out of the ground.



:devlin: Currently Working On: :devlin:
Myself

Aug 8 2011, 10:54 am Ahli Post #3

I do stuff and thingies... Try widening and reducing the number of small nooks and crannies to correct the problem.

Quote from DevliN
You can make the unit's height a negative by default, in the Data Editor. Then use triggers/behaviors to add height to it, giving it the illusion of coming out of the ground.
That is what I have to do now. :(

The sinking won't be visualized, if the heigth is below the ui heigth. But you have to raise the unit back to normal level even if the sinking isn't visual.




Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[02:53 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: I'll check it out this weekend!
Thanks
[02:47 am]
Symmetry -- I'll check it out this weekend!
[02:40 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
I invite you to try out the map I modified. I don't have the creativity to create maps from scratch, but I do have the know-how to modify existing ones; my project is to tweak community campaigns (specifically those with errors—to make them playable.
[02:27 am]
Symmetry -- Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
[01:51 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Now that I wanted to change my avatar, the error image is showing up, haha.
[01:34 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
I invite you to try out a mission I'm modifying from *StarCraft Reversed*; I'm trying to make it more playable and challenging.
[01:33 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
[01:31 am]
Ultraviolet -- Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
[12:20 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
[12:04 am]
Ultraviolet -- https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: City, sarahtaylor