Staredit Network > Forums > SC2 Assistance > Topic: Combat Shield Apply lvl
Combat Shield Apply lvl
Jul 31 2011, 5:44 am
By: Septhiroth  

Jul 31 2011, 5:44 am Septhiroth Post #1



I am trying to give my Marine a Combat shield when he becomes level 2 veterancy. Currently I have tried changing the 'use shieldwall' requirements to counting my veterancy behavior, but its not working. Do anyone of you guys have any ideas how i can accomplish this?



None.

Jul 31 2011, 1:25 pm NicholasBeige Post #2



It's tricky to enable an upgrade for a unit through veterancy since upgrades apply to all units.

Your best bet would be to recreate the Combat Shield as a behaviour (Buff). Simply make it a buff that lasts forever, increases hitpoints by 10. You will need to modify the Combat Shield actor/model by creating a new actor of type ModelStyleContinuous (or something, don't have the editor open at the moment), so that this new actor has the 'birth' event triggered when the buff is applied to the marine. Then you simply add the buff to the unit once veterancy hits level 2.

If you need more help with this, just let me know and I'll fire open the editor.



None.

Aug 1 2011, 5:26 pm Septhiroth Post #3



Sorry, I dont really get it. XD



None.

Aug 1 2011, 5:28 pm NicholasBeige Post #4



Okay I'll spoon feed you.

*making video to upload now - will edit post in about 20 minutes*



None.

Aug 1 2011, 5:53 pm Septhiroth Post #5



Thank you. ^^



None.

Aug 1 2011, 6:32 pm NicholasBeige Post #6



Quote from name:Cardinal
Okay I'll spoon feed you.

*making video to upload now - will edit post in about 20 minutes*

Edit: I've got it working but I need to go make dinner now. Will post the solution soon.

Text version so long:
Create your veterancy behaviour (veterancy).
Create a Veterancy Combat Shield behaviour (buff) that modifies your units hitpoints and maybe armor.
Set your veterancy behaviour to enable the veterancy combat shield behaviour at your desired level.
Give both behaviours to your unit (marine I presume).
Add a validator to the Combat Shield behaviour that removes the behaviour unless the veterancy is at the desired level.
Create a trigger that fires when a unit gains a level.
Conditions check triggering behaviour == Veterancy Behaviour
Also check experience level of triggering unit (to your desired level)
Actions: send actor message to triggering unit "AnimClear Cover".

Basically, Marines use the shield as part of their base model file but it is hidden through an animation sequence called 'Cover'. When the upgrade is researched, the units are told to stop using the 'cover' animation, and then the shield appears.



None.

Aug 4 2011, 4:23 am Septhiroth Post #7



Ok i got it thanks.



None.

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[02:53 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: I'll check it out this weekend!
Thanks
[02:47 am]
Symmetry -- I'll check it out this weekend!
[02:40 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
I invite you to try out the map I modified. I don't have the creativity to create maps from scratch, but I do have the know-how to modify existing ones; my project is to tweak community campaigns (specifically those with errors—to make them playable.
[02:27 am]
Symmetry -- Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
[01:51 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Now that I wanted to change my avatar, the error image is showing up, haha.
[01:34 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
I invite you to try out a mission I'm modifying from *StarCraft Reversed*; I'm trying to make it more playable and challenging.
[01:33 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
[01:31 am]
Ultraviolet -- Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
[12:20 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
[12:04 am]
Ultraviolet -- https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: City, sarahtaylor