Staredit Network > Forums > SC2 Assistance > Topic: [SOLVED] Zoom In and Out Trigger
[SOLVED] Zoom In and Out Trigger
This topic is locked. You can no longer write replies here.
Jul 26 2011, 5:55 pm
By: Septhiroth  

Jul 26 2011, 5:55 pm Septhiroth Post #1



How do you make a trigger that allows all players to Zoom in and out the map?



None.

Jul 26 2011, 6:36 pm Ahli Post #2

I do stuff and thingies... Try widening and reducing the number of small nooks and crannies to correct the problem.

The answer to your written question is:
Create a trigger and add the trigger action that zooms the camera of a player which is called "Zoom camera".

But this alone is absolutely dumb.


I guess you want more than a trigger with 1 action in the end.

So what are you really asking for?

- How can I make buttons on the player's screen that will zoom in and out, if the player clicks them?
OR:
- How can I allow the player to zoom out more with the scroll wheel or zoom-hotkeys?




Jul 26 2011, 6:44 pm Septhiroth Post #3



Question:
How can I allow the player to zoom out more with the scroll wheel or zoom-hotkeys?



Sorry that my question a bit too general. :><:



None.

Jul 26 2011, 7:02 pm Ahli Post #4

I do stuff and thingies... Try widening and reducing the number of small nooks and crannies to correct the problem.

Quote from Septhiroth
How can I allow the player to zoom out more with the scroll wheel or zoom-hotkeys?

1. You go into the Data module and open the "cameras" category.
2. You select Default Camera (this is used by default. Some terrain sets might use another camera... if your changes won't do anything, the terrain set might use another camera object.)
3. Add Entries to Zoom Levels...

It's a list with zoom levels that you scroll through. I think the order of the zoom levels should stay correct. So if you want to zoom out, you have to add new entries (or copy existing ones with ctrl + c and ctrl + v) and push them to the top of the list (index 0).
Notice that "distance" and "angle of attack" is enabled and modified in most entries. The values are increasing by 4 with each zoom level. So you might want to stay with that pattern for your added levels.

Distance is the distance and angle of attack is the viewing angle... 90 would be directly from the top.

You can modify the default zoom level, too. You have to write the index number of the default zoom there. So if you add 5 zoom levels to zoom out on the top of the list, you should write a 5 there, too.




Jul 27 2011, 12:59 am Septhiroth Post #5



I got it working. Thank you. :)



None.

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[02:53 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: I'll check it out this weekend!
Thanks
[02:47 am]
Symmetry -- I'll check it out this weekend!
[02:40 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
I invite you to try out the map I modified. I don't have the creativity to create maps from scratch, but I do have the know-how to modify existing ones; my project is to tweak community campaigns (specifically those with errors—to make them playable.
[02:27 am]
Symmetry -- Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
[01:51 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Now that I wanted to change my avatar, the error image is showing up, haha.
[01:34 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
I invite you to try out a mission I'm modifying from *StarCraft Reversed*; I'm trying to make it more playable and challenging.
[01:33 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
[01:31 am]
Ultraviolet -- Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
[12:20 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
[12:04 am]
Ultraviolet -- https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: sarahtaylor, City