Staredit Network > Forums > SC2 Assistance > Topic: WoW model to SC2 model using WoWModelViewer
WoW model to SC2 model using WoWModelViewer
Jul 25 2011, 8:08 pm
By: Ahli  

Jul 25 2011, 8:08 pm Ahli Post #1

I do stuff and thingies... Try widening and reducing the number of small nooks and crannies to correct the problem.

Because I've just made this for a guy at sc2mapster, I will post this here, too... just with better text between the pictures... :D

MODEL & his ANIMATIONS:
You can access the model previewer previewing a model with right clicking an actor and model and selecting "preview model".

^ That's how you easily get to the previewer...

The previewer shows you the unit and its animations.

^ The previewer basics...

HOW TO IMPORT A WOW MODEL with the WoWModelViewer...
-Get a WoW installation and get the model viewer from HERE.
Chose the Binary file for your operating system and install it.

In the WoWModelViewer you search and chose a model, select a texture, preview the available animations for the model and open the Exporter Options. Set the scale to 0.5, tick the animations you want and rename them to names Starcraft 2 understands...
If you need animation variations use "NAME 00", "NAME 01", ...
The default names an unit's animations should have are Death, Stand, Attack, Walk.

^ Settings for the export options.

Then export it. It will export the model and all used textures (the one you selected).

^ Export it.

Import the models and textures to your map and SAVE IT!!!
Duplicate a model in the data editor, change the model file's path and use the new model in an actor. You might have to play with the scaling to fit the unit in correctly.

^ importing rules and further stuff you can do

If you did everything correctly, your unit in the model previewer might look like the one in the second screenshot.


I DO NOT UNDERSTAND... WHAT NOW?
- Ask questions here or read another tutorial like our Tutorial in GalaxyWiki or Molsterr's tutorial on sc2mapster.




Jul 25 2011, 9:48 pm Jack Post #2

>be faceless void >mfw I have no face

Nice job :D you should add this to the wiki.

BTW does WoW have normal maps and emissive maps?



Red classic.

"In short, their absurdities are so extreme that it is painful even to quote them."

Jul 25 2011, 11:13 pm Ahli Post #3

I do stuff and thingies... Try widening and reducing the number of small nooks and crannies to correct the problem.

Quote from Jack
Nice job :D you should add this to the wiki.

BTW does WoW have normal maps and emissive maps?
The models I've exported didn't have that stuff. So I don't think that this stuff is inside.




Jul 26 2011, 2:51 am Jack Post #4

>be faceless void >mfw I have no face

I know that the wowmodelviewer exporter doesn't export normal maps, which is why I asked if WoW uses them. I'd be surprised if it doesn't, and it would be important to note in the tutorial that you'd need to apply normal maps separately.



Red classic.

"In short, their absurdities are so extreme that it is painful even to quote them."

Jul 26 2011, 4:09 am IskatuMesk Post #5

Lord of the Locker Room

You can fairly easily make normal and emissive maps for the models but you must use 3ds max to convert and not the viewer. WoW does not have them normally; use nDo in photoshop to make normals.



Show them your butt, and when you do, slap it so it creates a sound akin to a chorus of screaming spider monkeys flogging a chime with cacti. Only then can you find your destiny at the tip of the shaft.

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[02:53 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: I'll check it out this weekend!
Thanks
[02:47 am]
Symmetry -- I'll check it out this weekend!
[02:40 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
I invite you to try out the map I modified. I don't have the creativity to create maps from scratch, but I do have the know-how to modify existing ones; my project is to tweak community campaigns (specifically those with errors—to make them playable.
[02:27 am]
Symmetry -- Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
[01:51 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Now that I wanted to change my avatar, the error image is showing up, haha.
[01:34 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
I invite you to try out a mission I'm modifying from *StarCraft Reversed*; I'm trying to make it more playable and challenging.
[01:33 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
[01:31 am]
Ultraviolet -- Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
[12:20 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
[12:04 am]
Ultraviolet -- https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: sarahtaylor, City