Staredit Network > Forums > SC2 Assistance > Topic: Border type images
Border type images
Jul 7 2011, 2:55 am
By: Jack  

Jul 7 2011, 2:55 am Jack Post #1

>be faceless void >mfw I have no face

In the wiki there's an article about border type images; I understand how to make one but I'm not sure where the images are located (for replacement) and I'm not sure if the images in the article have the same resolution as the ones used in SCII. I want to edit dialog borders.

EDIT
Ohsnap I'm blind it has the resolution on the article. However, I'm still not sure how to replace the border for ingame dialogs.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Jul 7 2011, 3:58 am by Jack.



Red classic.

"In short, their absurdities are so extreme that it is painful even to quote them."

Jul 15 2011, 9:39 pm DevliN Post #2

Woah

Quote
If you change the background image of a Dialog or Button to what seems to be a normal image, you will notice that the image gets cut up. This is because the Dialogs are structured in such a way that it takes all the elements of a frame from a sliced up image.
:)

Basically you don't replace them, instead you set the dialog background image to the custom one that you import. The "border" is the same as the background for a dialog, so you just need to change the background image.

EDIT:
Also, in the discussion for that article you explain to payne how they are changed via triggers. That's kinda funny. :awesome:

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Jul 15 2011, 9:51 pm by DevliN.



:devlin: Currently Working On: :devlin:
Myself

Jul 15 2011, 9:51 pm Jack Post #3

>be faceless void >mfw I have no face

Lolwat. I forgot how I guess D: thanks anyway.



Red classic.

"In short, their absurdities are so extreme that it is painful even to quote them."

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[02:53 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: I'll check it out this weekend!
Thanks
[02:47 am]
Symmetry -- I'll check it out this weekend!
[02:40 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
I invite you to try out the map I modified. I don't have the creativity to create maps from scratch, but I do have the know-how to modify existing ones; my project is to tweak community campaigns (specifically those with errors—to make them playable.
[02:27 am]
Symmetry -- Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
[01:51 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Now that I wanted to change my avatar, the error image is showing up, haha.
[01:34 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
I invite you to try out a mission I'm modifying from *StarCraft Reversed*; I'm trying to make it more playable and challenging.
[01:33 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
[01:31 am]
Ultraviolet -- Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
[12:20 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
[12:04 am]
Ultraviolet -- https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: sarahtaylor, City