Staredit Network > Forums > SC2 Assistance > Topic: [SOLVED] Help with conditions
[SOLVED] Help with conditions
Jul 6 2011, 1:25 am
By: Veta  

Jul 6 2011, 1:25 am Veta Post #1



Hi there,

In Brood War you could make it a condition that at least one type of unit is in a location. This was useful if you wanted a trigger to fire if say any enemy unit is in a given location and only if.

Is there an equivalent in StarCraft 2's GUI triggers that makes it a condition that a unit type (not an individual unit) is in a given location. Or is there some way to accomplish this through secondary triggers and events? I'm aware there's a function for a unit entering/leaving a location, that's not really what I want.



None.

Jul 6 2011, 1:53 am Killer2121 Post #2



look into the campaign maps and find these condtions that your searching,

take notes, and record them then go back to your map and remake these triggers in your map.

obviously if you researched in depth.. the campaign in starcraft 2 uses these ''bring'' condition / actions alot..



None.

Jul 6 2011, 2:50 am Roy Post #3

An artist's depiction of an Extended Unit Death

(Number of Living units in (Any units in MY_REGION owned by player Any Player matching Excluded: Missile, Dead, Hidden, with at most Any Amount)) >= 1

You get the "Number of Units From Unit Group," and for the unit group, you use "All Units in Region Matching Condition."

Quote from Killer2121
obviously if you researched in depth.. the campaign in starcraft 2 uses these ''bring'' condition / actions alot..
If you researched in depth, you'd know that a condition checking units in a region is significantly different than an event firing when a unit enters/leaves a region. I can't think of any campaign examples for Veta's dilemma, and we're here to help, not criticize.




Jul 6 2011, 5:42 am Veta Post #4



Thanks Roy. I'm not quite sure what this other fellow's problem is. I'll give the guy the benefit of the doubt, perhaps he's not really a jerk and just had a bad day.

Although judging by his avatar (which resembles Hitler) I think it would be fair to question how couth he really is.



None.

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[02:53 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: I'll check it out this weekend!
Thanks
[02:47 am]
Symmetry -- I'll check it out this weekend!
[02:40 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
I invite you to try out the map I modified. I don't have the creativity to create maps from scratch, but I do have the know-how to modify existing ones; my project is to tweak community campaigns (specifically those with errors—to make them playable.
[02:27 am]
Symmetry -- Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
[01:51 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Now that I wanted to change my avatar, the error image is showing up, haha.
[01:34 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
I invite you to try out a mission I'm modifying from *StarCraft Reversed*; I'm trying to make it more playable and challenging.
[01:33 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
[01:31 am]
Ultraviolet -- Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
[12:20 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
[12:04 am]
Ultraviolet -- https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: sarahtaylor, City