Staredit Network > Forums > SC2 Assistance > Topic: MZ's Icons for SC2
MZ's Icons for SC2
Jun 29 2011, 5:57 pm
By: MadZombie  

Jun 29 2011, 5:57 pm MadZombie Post #1





Just turned some pictures I had laying around into Icons. Before I try and turn them into DDS I'm going to need someone to explain to me the 'rules' for sc2 icons. What's the size supposed to be? 76x76 or 72x72? I hear that if you use 72x72 you get a sc2 border or something and if you have 76x76 you have to make your own border? And I HAVE to get rid of all the black elements in an image? Spoon feed me plz.

I'll gladly try to create any kinds of icons if you request them :3

Dragons pack:
http://www.udmod.com/downloads.php?do=download&fileid=13

Medical kit/bag
http://www.udmod.com/downloads.php?do=download&fileid=12

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Jun 30 2011, 11:19 am by MadZombie.



None.

Jun 29 2011, 8:00 pm Apos Post #2

I order you to forgive yourself!

I don't know if it's of any help...

(All the black was removed from the icons. You can check it on a white background. On a black background, they look exactly the same as the originals)




Jun 29 2011, 8:25 pm MadZombie Post #3



I was asking if that was a requirement or something not that I needed it done and I didn't know how :<



None.

Jun 29 2011, 8:43 pm Jack Post #4

>be faceless void >mfw I have no face

To use them on the default SC2 UI an have them look nice they need a three pixel border (If I recall correcty). You can make them any size and they'll stretch or shrink to 76x76 (unless someone changes that setting for their map. You'll want to at least make the border transparent, and it shows the SC2 UI properly if you make te background transparent also.
Nice work ;0



Red classic.

"In short, their absurdities are so extreme that it is painful even to quote them."

Jun 29 2011, 8:51 pm MadZombie Post #5



I think I remember seeing in a video that it's a 4 pixel border iirc. I wasn't too sure on that though. But how would not having the border look? Shit sux when I don't have sc2 to test out things ;_;

and then I guess I'll use transparency in the future for icons.



None.

Jun 29 2011, 8:54 pm DevliN Post #6

Woah

As far as I know, removing the black shouldn't matter since you'd be dealing with an Alpha layer, but that may just be for other imported graphics and not icons.



:devlin: Currently Working On: :devlin:
Myself

Jun 29 2011, 8:58 pm Jack Post #7

>be faceless void >mfw I have no face

Quote from MadZombie
I think I remember seeing in a video that it's a 4 pixel border iirc. I wasn't too sure on that though. But how would not having the border look? Shit sux when I don't have sc2 to test out things ;_;

and then I guess I'll use transparency in the future for icons.
Not having the border means SC2's icon border wouldn't be visible. Actually, when I think about it, if you make the icon 72x72 it may not expand it to 76x76, which means you don't need to add the border.

Quote from DevliN
As far as I know, removing the black shouldn't matter since you'd be dealing with an Alpha layer, but that may just be for other imported graphics and not icons.
For icons, if you want the UI to show through behind the icon you need the alpha layer. You don't HAVE to have an alpha layer but it doesn't look as nice then.



Red classic.

"In short, their absurdities are so extreme that it is painful even to quote them."

Jun 30 2011, 11:20 am MadZombie Post #8



If someone would be a doll and try out the icons I posted in the OP. I'd like to check that they were done properly and look nice in game. plzplzplz.



None.

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[02:53 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: I'll check it out this weekend!
Thanks
[02:47 am]
Symmetry -- I'll check it out this weekend!
[02:40 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
I invite you to try out the map I modified. I don't have the creativity to create maps from scratch, but I do have the know-how to modify existing ones; my project is to tweak community campaigns (specifically those with errors—to make them playable.
[02:27 am]
Symmetry -- Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
[01:51 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Now that I wanted to change my avatar, the error image is showing up, haha.
[01:34 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
I invite you to try out a mission I'm modifying from *StarCraft Reversed*; I'm trying to make it more playable and challenging.
[01:33 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
[01:31 am]
Ultraviolet -- Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
[12:20 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
[12:04 am]
Ultraviolet -- https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: sarahtaylor, City