Staredit Network > Forums > SC2 Assistance > Topic: [Solved] Slow Enemy projectiles
[Solved] Slow Enemy projectiles
This topic is locked. You can no longer write replies here.
Jun 25 2011, 7:21 am
By: iE4TM4PS  

Jun 25 2011, 7:21 am iE4TM4PS Post #1



I've replicated the SC II pre-Beta mothership effect of time shift where a shield aura is made and all projectiles inside are slowed until they finally stop and drop harmlessly to the ground, however, I cannot..for the life of me.. figure out how to apply this effect (behavior) to projectiles.

This is the order of the ability:

Ability --> Persistent --> Search Area --> Apply Behavior --> Behavior (Slow behavior)

It works perfectly on units when i mess with the target flags/search filters, but the projectiles/missiles are untouched ]=
How can I make this affect missiles?

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Jun 25 2011, 7:34 pm by iE4TM4PS.



None.

Jun 25 2011, 9:10 am Ahli Post #2

I do stuff and thingies... Try widening and reducing the number of small nooks and crannies to correct the problem.

Can you post screenshots what you did?

I imagine that it works like that.

The filter has to allow everything.




Jun 25 2011, 12:57 pm iE4TM4PS Post #3






& the Search Filters don't exclude missile, just normal stuff ike Self, Stasis, Ally, structure, dead, etc.
However, I have tested allowing everything and the ability then works on EVERYTHING, still except missiles (which is the thing I want it to affect ]=)





& in the behavior modification I only changed the Movement -> Movement speed multiplier & acceleration multiplier & deceleration multiplier to .5, .3, & 1.2 respectively



None.

Jun 25 2011, 6:57 pm Ahli Post #4

I do stuff and thingies... Try widening and reducing the number of small nooks and crannies to correct the problem.

In the attached map I've attached a behavior onto a unit that basically does what you want your persistent to do: search and apply a behavior that downscales the time of the unit.

I'm not sure why it's not working in your case without seeing the whole filter.

Maybe missiles are invincible and that's why it won't work with your search area because if it works for units and not for projectiles, then projectiles had to be excluded somewhere with the filter rules.

Attachments:
timeslow.SC2Map
Hits: 0 Size: 9.46kb




Jun 25 2011, 7:34 pm iE4TM4PS Post #5



Omg how did I miss that... I was supposed to edit the unit's time not movement speed, gah... I cant test until monday, but i'm 99% sure thats the problem.. Thx Ahli



None.

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[02:53 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: I'll check it out this weekend!
Thanks
[02:47 am]
Symmetry -- I'll check it out this weekend!
[02:40 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
I invite you to try out the map I modified. I don't have the creativity to create maps from scratch, but I do have the know-how to modify existing ones; my project is to tweak community campaigns (specifically those with errors—to make them playable.
[02:27 am]
Symmetry -- Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
[01:51 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Now that I wanted to change my avatar, the error image is showing up, haha.
[01:34 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
I invite you to try out a mission I'm modifying from *StarCraft Reversed*; I'm trying to make it more playable and challenging.
[01:33 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
[01:31 am]
Ultraviolet -- Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
[12:20 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
[12:04 am]
Ultraviolet -- https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: sarahtaylor, City