Staredit Network > Forums > SC2 Assistance > Topic: [Solved] Camera Value Error
[Solved] Camera Value Error
This topic is locked. You can no longer write replies here.
Jun 22 2011, 5:15 am
By: Bolshevik09  

Jun 22 2011, 5:15 am Bolshevik09 Post #1



Well i copied and pasted a trigger from one map to another and in my new map the trigger gives me a error saying: 'gt_DeathCameraX_Func':Parameter out of bounds in 'CameraSetValue' [value:-1,min: 0, max: 15]
My trigger is as following:
Death Camera X
Events
Unit - Any Unit dies
Conditions
1 <= (Owner of (Triggering unit)) <= 4
Actions
Region - Move Soldier Region[(Owner of (Triggering unit))] to (Point(1.0, 1.0))
Camera - Pan the camera for player (Owner of (Triggering unit)) to (Position of (Triggering unit)) over 0.0 seconds with 10% initial velocity, 10% deceleration, and Do Not use smart panning
Camera - Apply camera object Rotation 145.0 for player (Triggering player) over 0.0 seconds with 10% initial velocity and 10% deceleration
Camera - Apply camera object Distance 16.0 for player (Triggering player) over 0.0 seconds with 10% initial velocity and 10% deceleration
Camera - Apply camera object Angle Of Attack 45.0 for player (Triggering player) over 0.0 seconds with 10% initial velocity and 10% deceleration
General - Wait 0.5 Game Time seconds
Camera - Apply camera object Rotation 45.0 for player (Triggering player) over 1.0 seconds with 10% initial velocity and 10% deceleration
Camera - Apply camera object Angle Of Attack 75.0 for player (Triggering player) over 2.0 seconds with 10% initial velocity and 10% deceleration
General - Wait 0.7 Game Time seconds
Camera - Apply camera object Distance 6.0 for player (Triggering player) over 0.7 seconds with 10% initial velocity and 10% deceleration

I don't get how copying and pasting changed anything. All the parameters are correct.
Now i was wondering if this might be a bug or something. I don't know anything about debugging or how to use it, is there a article?

EDIT: i was originally using "existing velocity" but still the same error...

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Jun 22 2011, 4:13 pm by Bolshevik09.



None.

Jun 22 2011, 7:44 am Roy Post #2

An artist's depiction of an Extended Unit Death

Is this an in-game error, or an in-editor error? Usually editor errors will show which line failed to compile. From the looks of the error, I would guess you're trying to use a variable that doesn't exist, using a variable incorrectly, or something to that effect.

If you test this in-game, you'll notice which line of code isn't working properly. You can use the "Debug Message" to write values of parameters in-game to see which value is the one causing problems.




Jun 22 2011, 4:11 pm Bolshevik09 Post #3



Quote from Roy
Is this an in-game error, or an in-editor error? Usually editor errors will show which line failed to compile. From the looks of the error, I would guess you're trying to use a variable that doesn't exist, using a variable incorrectly, or something to that effect.
This is In-game. But the weird thing i noticed is that if i disable all the actions after "wait .5 game seconds" then i don't get the error.
So the very next action might be causing it. Also the Error message doesn't make sense because i think its saying one of my values is -1 and i do not have a -1 anywhere..
EDIT: is the error message referring to player? Thats the only thing i can think of for those values.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Jun 22 2011, 4:31 pm by Bolshevik09.



None.

Jun 22 2011, 5:06 pm Roy Post #4

An artist's depiction of an Extended Unit Death

That would be strange, since the other actions where you use "triggering player" seem to work. Try storing the triggering player in an integer local variable and using that variable in the actions.

You could also use the "Debug Message" to print out all the parameters for that action in-game, and you may be able to find the issue that way as well.




Jun 22 2011, 5:17 pm Ahli Post #5

I do stuff and thingies... Try widening and reducing the number of small nooks and crannies to correct the problem.

It fails because of triggering unit and waits...
Triggering unit is a global variable that changes from event to event.

You have to store the triggering unit in a local variable to be able to use it after waits.




Jun 22 2011, 5:55 pm Bolshevik09 Post #6



Quote from Ahli
It fails because of triggering unit and waits...
Triggering unit is a global variable that changes from event to event.
You have to store the triggering unit in a local variable to be able to use it after waits.
Ok i see what you are saying. But this must have been fixed by a patch update because i went back to my old map and the trigger gave me the same error..
But before, this trigger worked fine. I guess they changed it

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Jun 22 2011, 6:38 pm by Bolshevik09.



None.

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[02:53 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: I'll check it out this weekend!
Thanks
[02:47 am]
Symmetry -- I'll check it out this weekend!
[02:40 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
I invite you to try out the map I modified. I don't have the creativity to create maps from scratch, but I do have the know-how to modify existing ones; my project is to tweak community campaigns (specifically those with errors—to make them playable.
[02:27 am]
Symmetry -- Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
[01:51 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Now that I wanted to change my avatar, the error image is showing up, haha.
[01:34 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
I invite you to try out a mission I'm modifying from *StarCraft Reversed*; I'm trying to make it more playable and challenging.
[01:33 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
[01:31 am]
Ultraviolet -- Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
[12:20 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
[12:04 am]
Ultraviolet -- https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: sarahtaylor, City