Staredit Network > Forums > SC2 Assistance > Topic: Own Achivements?
Own Achivements?
Jun 21 2011, 6:33 am
By: AemJaY  

Jun 21 2011, 6:33 am AemJaY Post #1



Hi all

Another Question from me (aka the Question noob). :D
Is it possible to do some Own Achivements for the Maps?
Iam planing a single player campagne. With more then one mission :)
But there i have some more questions but know the first one.

Is it possible to do some own achivements?
with picture and text if i get it?
Yes? Then please tell me how :)

thnx mates



None.

Jun 21 2011, 10:59 am Jack Post #2

>be faceless void >mfw I have no face

As far as I know blizzard removed custom achievements. What you can do is trigger the effects yourself. So, for example, have a trigger where the event is the requirement to complete the achievement (say, kill 10 marines). The action is to create a dialog box, and set the background to the achievement image you made. But yeah, basically you have to trigger it yourself.



Red classic.

"In short, their absurdities are so extreme that it is painful even to quote them."

Jun 21 2011, 11:34 am Ahli Post #3

I do stuff and thingies... Try widening and reducing the number of small nooks and crannies to correct the problem.

Here is some pseudo code how you could create a custom dialog for a player:

action definition AchievementDialog(integer player, integer ID){
// if you have trouble with the wait and following actions in the calling trigger -> mark this trigger action to be a new thread in its properties

variable dialog = no dialog;

create a dialog;
dialog = last created Dialog;
modify the dialog how you want every achievement dialog to be like background, etc...

Switch(ID)
create for every possible ID:
- create text label? (can't remember how it was called)
- create picture

Set dialog visible for player;
play cool sound for player;
wait(10, real time seconds);
destroy dialog;
}

Pretty much the same version in German

Dialogs aren't difficult, if you understand how they work. :)




Jun 24 2011, 2:02 pm shmeeps Post #4



Though there's no pre-built support, you can simply detect achievement conditions (kills x amount of units, finds a location, picks up an item, etc) and trigger a dialog to pop up an achievement. If you really want to get fancy, you can use a bank to store achievements.

Oh, there's also a library for that, which I seem to remember being fairly simple to use, though it may not be what exactly what you're looking for. And the curse network is down for now, probably for another 24 hours, but after that you could get it and try it out.



None.

Jan 27 2012, 3:15 am Bolshevik09 Post #5



i created a map made basically for achievements, look up 'ice island arena' on battle.net



None.

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[02:53 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: I'll check it out this weekend!
Thanks
[02:47 am]
Symmetry -- I'll check it out this weekend!
[02:40 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
I invite you to try out the map I modified. I don't have the creativity to create maps from scratch, but I do have the know-how to modify existing ones; my project is to tweak community campaigns (specifically those with errors—to make them playable.
[02:27 am]
Symmetry -- Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
[01:51 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Now that I wanted to change my avatar, the error image is showing up, haha.
[01:34 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
I invite you to try out a mission I'm modifying from *StarCraft Reversed*; I'm trying to make it more playable and challenging.
[01:33 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
[01:31 am]
Ultraviolet -- Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
[12:20 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
[12:04 am]
Ultraviolet -- https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: City, sarahtaylor