Staredit Network > Forums > SC2 Assistance > Topic: How to copy a unit(s) from one map to another
How to copy a unit(s) from one map to another
Jun 19 2011, 10:22 pm
By: Veta  

Jun 19 2011, 10:22 pm Veta Post #1



Say I have a map with units that I like and could find useful for a map I am working on. What is the most intuitive/simple way to copy these units exactly as they are over to another map that I am working on. I'm not savvy at all with the data editor so if someone could dumb this down for me or give me a step by step I would greatly appreciate it :)

thank you!



None.

Jun 19 2011, 11:28 pm Roy Post #2

An artist's depiction of an Extended Unit Death

You can copy/paste between maps. This works for the most part, but you may have to adjust some things.




Jun 19 2011, 11:31 pm NicholasBeige Post #3



Copy & Pasting is the most intuitive way of doing it.

But this involves switching between active documents a lot (for pretty much each object you wish to carry over), and therefore isn't the best way to do things.

I usually have:
1 Map, 32x32 tileset size, campaign dependency unlocked. I use this to create a new unit, abilities, weapons, effects and then test it.
1 Mod. Once I've perfected a unit or object in the previous map, I will simply recreate it here - copying and pasting: buttons, abilities, effects, behaviours, units etc takes too long in my opinion.
The actual map file, with terrain and triggers pertinent to the actual map I'm creating. This will use the Mod as a dependency.



None.

Jun 20 2011, 3:56 am Veta Post #4



Thanks mate, from now on I am using a dedicated mod dependency. But I am correct in assuming this mod has to be published for your published map to run it right?



None.

Jun 20 2011, 11:34 am Ahli Post #5

I do stuff and thingies... Try widening and reducing the number of small nooks and crannies to correct the problem.

Quote from Veta
Thanks mate, from now on I am using a dedicated mod dependency. But I am correct in assuming this mod has to be published for your published map to run it right?
Yes.




Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[02:53 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: I'll check it out this weekend!
Thanks
[02:47 am]
Symmetry -- I'll check it out this weekend!
[02:40 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
I invite you to try out the map I modified. I don't have the creativity to create maps from scratch, but I do have the know-how to modify existing ones; my project is to tweak community campaigns (specifically those with errors—to make them playable.
[02:27 am]
Symmetry -- Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
[01:51 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Now that I wanted to change my avatar, the error image is showing up, haha.
[01:34 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
I invite you to try out a mission I'm modifying from *StarCraft Reversed*; I'm trying to make it more playable and challenging.
[01:33 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
[01:31 am]
Ultraviolet -- Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
[12:20 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
[12:04 am]
Ultraviolet -- https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: UndeadStar, Ultraviolet