Staredit Network > Forums > SC2 Assistance > Topic: Own Sound for MOD
Own Sound for MOD
Jun 18 2011, 2:05 pm
By: AemJaY  

Jun 18 2011, 2:05 pm AemJaY Post #1



Hi all out there

I just have a simple Question.
Is there a way, to get my own Sounds in the game?
iam starting to do a MOD or a TC, so i wanna have some Ingame Cinematics with Voice.
Is it possible to get them in there?

I didnt find any tutorials about that?
Thnx for your help and sry for my bad english..



None.

Jun 18 2011, 3:00 pm NicholasBeige Post #2



Yup, you use the Import tool to get your files associated with your map. Then it is just a case of using the data editor / triggers to play or make use of these assets. Let me know if you need more info than this.

Also, welcome to SEN - always good to have another EU member to our ranks. Add me if you get the chance Cardinal.903



None.

Jun 18 2011, 3:05 pm AemJaY Post #3



yo cardinal thnx for your answer.

i hope i will get the time this weekend (at the moment iam at work ((and it really sucks haha)).
So i will try to get a voice of me inside :)

if i need more help i wil ask here.
and of course i will add you in bnet.



None.

Apr 9 2012, 9:34 pm bulletbutter Post #4



Be sure to use a program to convert you audio file to .ogg. I used audacity(free), otherwise if you have a big sound file it wont compress at all.



None.

Apr 10 2012, 1:57 am IskatuMesk Post #5

Lord of the Locker Room

You will need to define the sound in the sounds portion of the Data Editor. This should be as simple as copying an existing entry similar to what you want your sound to be, then altering the file it references to. For the case of music, it helps to also set up a Soundtrack entry, since the Soundtrack-related triggers give you more power over controlling music then the Sound related triggers do.

If the editor whines about the map being in use when you change Sound data, you'll need to save the map under a new name. I need to do this every time I add any dialogue to my maps or whatnot and I'm pretty sure it's a bug.

/edit

Oh. That's an old thread someone necro'd. Well then. Troll successful.



Show them your butt, and when you do, slap it so it creates a sound akin to a chorus of screaming spider monkeys flogging a chime with cacti. Only then can you find your destiny at the tip of the shaft.

Apr 10 2012, 7:57 am Ahli Post #6

I do stuff and thingies... Try widening and reducing the number of small nooks and crannies to correct the problem.

Quote from IskatuMesk
If the editor whines about the map being in use when you change Sound data, you'll need to save the map under a new name. I need to do this every time I add any dialogue to my maps or whatnot and I'm pretty sure it's a bug.
You need to close the sc2.exe for some reason.




Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[02:53 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: I'll check it out this weekend!
Thanks
[02:47 am]
Symmetry -- I'll check it out this weekend!
[02:40 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
I invite you to try out the map I modified. I don't have the creativity to create maps from scratch, but I do have the know-how to modify existing ones; my project is to tweak community campaigns (specifically those with errors—to make them playable.
[02:27 am]
Symmetry -- Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
[01:51 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Now that I wanted to change my avatar, the error image is showing up, haha.
[01:34 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
I invite you to try out a mission I'm modifying from *StarCraft Reversed*; I'm trying to make it more playable and challenging.
[01:33 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
[01:31 am]
Ultraviolet -- Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
[12:20 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
[12:04 am]
Ultraviolet -- https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: City, sarahtaylor