Staredit Network > Forums > SC2 Assistance > Topic: Slow editor is slow.
Slow editor is slow.
Jun 12 2011, 6:59 am
By: M-RP)Dreamscape  

Jun 12 2011, 6:59 am M-RP)Dreamscape Post #1



I have a really decent computer, which these probably don't matter, but are worth mentioning (8 gigs ram, enough graphics to run SC2 smoothly on High), yet the Galaxy Editor seems to run like it's in a potato sack. Why does it take fifteen minutes to open a map (The map was practice terrain/doodad/unit placement I did from a tutorial, extremely small), or in that matter, start the dialog to make a new one? Never knew dependencies were that big. Is there anything I can do to reduce the wait time?

(In order to meet the quality of the rules in case that is deemed inappropriate^)

My galaxy editor starts and loads extremely slow. A few months ago before I dropped what I was doing because of school it ran perfectly fine and loaded things within seconds. Did a patch add a bunch of extra crap that's bogging it down? Is something up with my system? Throw me a bone here if you will, for I am lost, and slightly irritated because I want to get back into learning how to map.



None.

Jun 12 2011, 7:11 am Jack Post #2

>be faceless void >mfw I have no face

It shouldn't take that long to load, my sister's dell laptop which is technically below the minimum requirements for sc2 can load the editor in about a minute.

Look around for any temporary files and delete them (make a backup of them before doing so in case they aren't actually temporary files. Have a look inside the editor's preferences to see if any settings could be causing problems. Make sure you're running as administrator.



Red classic.

"In short, their absurdities are so extreme that it is painful even to quote them."

Jun 12 2011, 11:04 am Ahli Post #3

I do stuff and thingies... Try widening and reducing the number of small nooks and crannies to correct the problem.

Maybe try sc2's repair tool, too.
And try resetting the editor's settings, too or maybe delete editorvariables.txt in your "documents/Starcraft II" folder.




Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[02:53 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: I'll check it out this weekend!
Thanks
[02:47 am]
Symmetry -- I'll check it out this weekend!
[02:40 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
I invite you to try out the map I modified. I don't have the creativity to create maps from scratch, but I do have the know-how to modify existing ones; my project is to tweak community campaigns (specifically those with errors—to make them playable.
[02:27 am]
Symmetry -- Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
[01:51 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Now that I wanted to change my avatar, the error image is showing up, haha.
[01:34 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
I invite you to try out a mission I'm modifying from *StarCraft Reversed*; I'm trying to make it more playable and challenging.
[01:33 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
[01:31 am]
Ultraviolet -- Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
[12:20 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
[12:04 am]
Ultraviolet -- https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: UndeadStar, Ultraviolet