Staredit Network > Forums > SC2 Assistance > Topic: [Solved] Dynamic Tooltips
[Solved] Dynamic Tooltips
May 30 2011, 6:17 pm
By: NicholasBeige  

May 30 2011, 6:17 pm NicholasBeige Post #1



Okay:

You can display a value from any field in the data editor in the tooltip using this format:
<d ref="Behavior,LethalFury,Duration[0]"/>
<d ref="Behavior,Lethalfury,Modification[0].DeathResponse[0].Cost[0].Cooldown[0].TimeUse[0]"/>
<d ref="Behavior,LethalFury,Modification[0].AttackSpeedMultiplier[0]" precision="3"/>

It works for effects also, as such:
<d ref="Effect,TimeOrbSearch,AreaArray[0].Radius[0]"/>
<d ref="Effect,RepeatedBlows,Chance[0]" precision="3"/>

From what I understand, it's simply a data editor reference, pointing at a field value? Am i rite?

The first problem I'm encountering is how to display a derived value - ie. two field values multiplied together.
For example this:
Effect,TimeOrbPersistent,PeriodicPeriodArray[0] * Effect,TimeOrbPersistent,PeriodCount[0]
will translate to
0.0012 * 6000
Resulting in 7.2

But I tested that calculation out in the 'Formula Editor', and as such it removes the <d ref= "" /> tags. Therefore, simply pasting that into the tooltip field will show "Effect,TimeOrbPersistent,PeriodicPeriodArray[0] * Effect,TimeOrbPersistent,PeriodCount[0]" as plain text.

Question 1: What is the xml / starcraft 2 convention for converting the 'math' back into 'text'? Ie. How can I display the outcome of a mathematical function in a tooltip?

Question 2: What is the 'array' value at the end of every example posted above? eg: "ObjectType,ObjectName,FieldValue[array value]" ? What specifically does that point to? Are abilities/effects/etc able to be given 'levels'? Or does this refer to 'upgrades'? Or are all effects/abilities duplicated per player (to allow for upgrades etc?)



None.

May 30 2011, 8:02 pm NicholasBeige Post #2



Solved. Can be closed / deleted / go where-ever threads go when they die.

Edit for 'reference purposes':.

To display the result of a calculation you simply do the calculation within the calculations as so:
<d ref="Effect,GravitonBeam,PeriodCount[0] * Effect,GravitonBeam,PeriodicPeriodArray[0]"/>
This will return the period count multiplied by the period duration.

For the second problem: Starcraft 2 creates duplicated ability references for each player and these are what are modified when upgrades are edited. The <d ref "" /> tags will always point to a 'hard' location in the xml file (data editor objects) for the map. But these hard locations are extended as arrays for each player.

So - it works.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on May 30 2011, 11:07 pm by Cardinal.



None.

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[02:53 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: I'll check it out this weekend!
Thanks
[02:47 am]
Symmetry -- I'll check it out this weekend!
[02:40 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
I invite you to try out the map I modified. I don't have the creativity to create maps from scratch, but I do have the know-how to modify existing ones; my project is to tweak community campaigns (specifically those with errors—to make them playable.
[02:27 am]
Symmetry -- Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
[01:51 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Now that I wanted to change my avatar, the error image is showing up, haha.
[01:34 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
I invite you to try out a mission I'm modifying from *StarCraft Reversed*; I'm trying to make it more playable and challenging.
[01:33 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
[01:31 am]
Ultraviolet -- Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
[12:20 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
[12:04 am]
Ultraviolet -- https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: sarahtaylor, City