Staredit Network > Forums > SC2 Assistance > Topic: [SOLVED] AI is Useless
[SOLVED] AI is Useless
This topic is locked. You can no longer write replies here.
May 26 2011, 4:23 am
By: DeProgrammer  

May 26 2011, 4:23 am DeProgrammer Post #1



I've been messing around for quite a while with this. I've tried only using the "Start Melee AI" trigger, I've tried using the campaign AI trigger (which did much less), and I've tried setting up specific towns and whatnot to solve various other issues. But the following are my standing issues.

Problem: The AI doesn't send any attack waves.
I haven't tried messing with manual creation and sending of attack waves via triggers because I shouldn't have to.

Problem: The AI sends a few units to the bottom-left corner of the map, where they stay.
I keep finding Overlords floating around the bottom-left corner of my map for no apparent reason. I got an AI to play the allied base commander, and it sent some medivacs down there. Some of the medivacs locked up on the no-fly zones I placed above the mountains. They just didn't want to go around or anything.

Any ideas? I've attached the map for reference. You can try to play it via the map editor's test mode, but as it also does some strange things and the AI seems to work differently there, you can also find it on Battle.Net because I've published it as public for the time being. This is intended for up to five players.

Edit: On the published version, I've thrown in a few suicide commands at specific times, but that doesn't help with expansions and whatnot. Additionally, if you allow an AI to play the base commander, it behaves just like the enemy AI does.

Attachments:
SquadSupportDP_PickCommander.SC2Map
Hits: 1 Size: 321.15kb

Post has been edited 3 time(s), last time on May 27 2011, 7:00 am by DeProgrammer.



None.

May 27 2011, 6:59 am DeProgrammer Post #2



Being my first StarCraft 2 map, it was a simple and stupid mistake. The AI malfunctions terribly if you don't use a Start Location type of point for your Start Locations!

However, now I have to figure out why the AI doesn't believe in expanding, even when I try using the Expand advanced AI function to specifically tell it to do so.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on May 29 2011, 3:58 am by DeProgrammer.



None.

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[02:53 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: I'll check it out this weekend!
Thanks
[02:47 am]
Symmetry -- I'll check it out this weekend!
[02:40 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
I invite you to try out the map I modified. I don't have the creativity to create maps from scratch, but I do have the know-how to modify existing ones; my project is to tweak community campaigns (specifically those with errors—to make them playable.
[02:27 am]
Symmetry -- Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
[01:51 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Now that I wanted to change my avatar, the error image is showing up, haha.
[01:34 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
I invite you to try out a mission I'm modifying from *StarCraft Reversed*; I'm trying to make it more playable and challenging.
[01:33 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
[01:31 am]
Ultraviolet -- Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
[12:20 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
[12:04 am]
Ultraviolet -- https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: sarahtaylor, City