Staredit Network > Forums > SC2 Assistance > Topic: Strange map glitch.
Strange map glitch.
May 8 2011, 7:11 pm
By: Chimp  

May 8 2011, 7:11 pm Chimp Post #1



Basically 6/8 spawn locations are affected by some sort of weird invisible wall. The starting workers in the affected spawn locations sometimes spawn on nearby islands. The ones that spawn on the same island are outside this barrier and when I try to move to the mineral patch, an invisible, perfect straight wall going vertically prevents them from. The "town halls" cannot produce workers saying something like "cannot find placement location" and zerg hatcheries can't produce larvae. However the Terran CC can lift off and land in the same spot unaffected by this wall. If i use the editor to place a unit inside an affected area, it can move about fine until it leaves that area. As it is about to leave, it receives a small push before being locked out.
Couple of reasons I suspect is due to me using the convert legacy map function. Also the old map is 256x256 and I notice that when converted, i had to change the camera boundaries. I dunno if the screwed anything up.



None.

May 8 2011, 7:19 pm payne Post #2

:payne:

Look at the Pathing Layer ('H' hotkey I think). Do you see a red zone where you think there is the invisible wall? If so, remove it.



None.

May 8 2011, 8:52 pm Chimp Post #3



As far as I can tell, The map is completely empty of red pathing.



None.

May 8 2011, 10:42 pm Ahli Post #4

I do stuff and thingies... Try widening and reducing the number of small nooks and crannies to correct the problem.

Can you show us a picture of that in editor?
Check the camera boundaries again.

If that would happen everywhere I would have guessed that you are using the lowest cliff level. But maybe that is the case.
So on which cliff level does that happen?




May 9 2011, 12:09 am Chimp Post #5



Strange, the problem seemed to have been resolved for the right side of the map even though i don't even know why.
This is an older screenshot with the right side still messed up. As you can see in the minimap, some workers spawn outside the main island.
This is a newer version with the right side resolved but the left side still messed up. I added bots to all slots to see which one works. now only the left side has problems. Unfortunately I cannot test all the smaller islands.
same game, showing that the CC can't make an scv.
Yes i know the map isn't balanced, its just for me and maybe friends to screw around on.



None.

May 9 2011, 4:04 am payne Post #6

:payne:

Looks like it's Map Boundaries.
Press 'O' hotkey while in terrain mode: yellow lines should appear. Anything beyond those lines should only contain terrain/doodads.
You can change those boundaries via "GalaxyEdit Map -> Map Bounds".



None.

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[02:53 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: I'll check it out this weekend!
Thanks
[02:47 am]
Symmetry -- I'll check it out this weekend!
[02:40 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
I invite you to try out the map I modified. I don't have the creativity to create maps from scratch, but I do have the know-how to modify existing ones; my project is to tweak community campaigns (specifically those with errors—to make them playable.
[02:27 am]
Symmetry -- Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
[01:51 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Now that I wanted to change my avatar, the error image is showing up, haha.
[01:34 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
I invite you to try out a mission I'm modifying from *StarCraft Reversed*; I'm trying to make it more playable and challenging.
[01:33 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
[01:31 am]
Ultraviolet -- Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
[12:20 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
[12:04 am]
Ultraviolet -- https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: sarahtaylor, City