Staredit Network > Forums > SC2 Assistance > Topic: Can you customize Attributes?
Can you customize Attributes?
May 1 2011, 5:18 pm
By: PIESOFTHENORTH  

May 1 2011, 5:18 pm PIESOFTHENORTH Post #1



Is it possible to add new Attributes or modify existing ones (like their name). Don't think there's quite as much as I'd like to work with.

Also is it possible to Give a behavior or ability to a unit that makes it take a certain % less damage from units with specific attributes?



None.

May 1 2011, 5:26 pm Ahli Post #2

I do stuff and thingies... Try widening and reducing the number of small nooks and crannies to correct the problem.

You should be able to rename attributes in the text module.




May 1 2011, 5:29 pm PIESOFTHENORTH Post #3



but you can't create any? :\



None.

May 1 2011, 7:30 pm Ahli Post #4

I do stuff and thingies... Try widening and reducing the number of small nooks and crannies to correct the problem.

Quote from PIESOFTHENORTH
but you can't create any? :\
I don't know because I'm using triggers to do that sort of things because I can easily pile other functions onto it...
But you would need to trigger all damage to do things correctly then.

But I haven't tried the inbuilt attribute stuff, yet.




May 2 2011, 8:29 am DevliN Post #5

Woah

Quote
Is it possible to add new Attributes or modify existing ones (like their name). Don't think there's quite as much as I'd like to work with.
Not at the moment. You can make custom behavior attributes, but they work differently.

Quote
Also is it possible to Give a behavior or ability to a unit that makes it take a certain % less damage from units with specific attributes?
Yes. In the Damage Effect, you can set how much more or less it will do to a unit based on if they are Light, Heroic, etc.



:devlin: Currently Working On: :devlin:
Myself

May 7 2011, 9:21 pm PIESOFTHENORTH Post #6



That only deals with the attacking unit's point of view.

It'd be much easier to have one specific unit take reduced damage from certain kinds of attacks and units with attributes (such as from a melee light unit) if you could just give it a behavior for that.



None.

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[02:53 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: I'll check it out this weekend!
Thanks
[02:47 am]
Symmetry -- I'll check it out this weekend!
[02:40 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
I invite you to try out the map I modified. I don't have the creativity to create maps from scratch, but I do have the know-how to modify existing ones; my project is to tweak community campaigns (specifically those with errors—to make them playable.
[02:27 am]
Symmetry -- Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
[01:51 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Now that I wanted to change my avatar, the error image is showing up, haha.
[01:34 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
I invite you to try out a mission I'm modifying from *StarCraft Reversed*; I'm trying to make it more playable and challenging.
[01:33 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
[01:31 am]
Ultraviolet -- Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
[12:20 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
[12:04 am]
Ultraviolet -- https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: sarahtaylor, City