Staredit Network > Forums > SC2 Assistance > Topic: Can I save a map's Data settings as a Mod?
Can I save a map's Data settings as a Mod?
Apr 30 2011, 2:46 pm
By: PIESOFTHENORTH  

Apr 30 2011, 2:46 pm PIESOFTHENORTH Post #1



So that I can grab the unit settings from a map and stick it in another map?

I remember this was possible in war3 but I can't find it here.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Apr 30 2011, 2:56 pm by PIESOFTHENORTH.



None.

Apr 30 2011, 8:36 pm Jack Post #2

>be faceless void >mfw I have no face

It's more difficult with sc2. One way is to export the files from your map and manually place it into a mod or map. to do this, open up your map in the editor and go to the importer module. Uncheck the Show Reserved checkbox so you can edit vital map files. Select all the files under /Base.SC2Data/GameData and export them into a folder.

Then open up your map you want to move the data into using an MPQ editor (see http://www.galaxywiki.net/wiki/MPQ_Exporting ). Open up the Base.SC2Data folder that you should see on the left pane in the MPQ editor. Now, I THINK you import your files into this folder, but there may be a subfolder called GameData which you should place them into instead. Anyway, place your exported files into the map or mod, and open your map in the editor. All the units should now be the ones from your other map!

Note: this method replaces all the data in your new map. If you want to merge two maps' information, you need to manually splice the individual XML files which you exported together with the ones inside you current map.



Red classic.

"In short, their absurdities are so extreme that it is painful even to quote them."

Apr 30 2011, 8:44 pm DevliN Post #3

Woah

Jack's method will work well, and will save space since you would need to upload your mod with your map. But to answer you question simply, yes you can save all that stuff in a mod, and load it into another map. Just save as SC2Mod instead of SC2Map.



:devlin: Currently Working On: :devlin:
Myself

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[02:53 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: I'll check it out this weekend!
Thanks
[02:47 am]
Symmetry -- I'll check it out this weekend!
[02:40 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
I invite you to try out the map I modified. I don't have the creativity to create maps from scratch, but I do have the know-how to modify existing ones; my project is to tweak community campaigns (specifically those with errors—to make them playable.
[02:27 am]
Symmetry -- Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
[01:51 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Now that I wanted to change my avatar, the error image is showing up, haha.
[01:34 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
I invite you to try out a mission I'm modifying from *StarCraft Reversed*; I'm trying to make it more playable and challenging.
[01:33 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
[01:31 am]
Ultraviolet -- Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
[12:20 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
[12:04 am]
Ultraviolet -- https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: sarahtaylor, City