Staredit Network > Forums > SC2 Assistance > Topic: Charge Ability Question
Charge Ability Question
Apr 10 2011, 6:41 pm
By: Biostheo  

Apr 10 2011, 6:41 pm Biostheo Post #1



Alright. So I wanted to create this zealot with this ability.

1. It can select a unit 30 units away.

2. It charges at that unit with 80% acceleration in movement speed. (I'm assuming this is going to have to be a buff tacked on his some behavior)

3. Upon arriving it does 1800 damage followed by some cool High Templar psionic storm affects on the immediate area.

I can't really figure out exactly how to accomplish this. Is it an ability? Or will I need to create triggers to accommodate this.



None.

Apr 10 2011, 7:00 pm Roy Post #2

An artist's depiction of an Extended Unit Death

Psi storm is an effect. You can add "High Templar - Psi Storm (Persistent)" as an effect for your ability, and it will add it. You may have to create your own effect/ability if this does not yield the result you want.

A trigger would just be checking if the ability is being cast and then placing an actor model at the position of the unit being attacked. You would probably want to manually kill the model yourself after waiting for a desired length of time.




Apr 10 2011, 10:57 pm DevliN Post #3

Woah

1. You can set the range to 30.
2. This is a behavior. Your ability would trigger an "Apply Behavior" effect. The Behavior would increase movement speed on the Zealot. Here's an example of a custom Zealot "Charge" ability: http://www.galaxywiki.net/index.php?title=Designing_an_ability
3. Like Roy said, you would have the final affect be the Psi Storm, though make sure you change the amount of damage it does (keeping it mind that it does periodic damage, rather than all at once).



:devlin: Currently Working On: :devlin:
Myself

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[02:53 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: I'll check it out this weekend!
Thanks
[02:47 am]
Symmetry -- I'll check it out this weekend!
[02:40 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
I invite you to try out the map I modified. I don't have the creativity to create maps from scratch, but I do have the know-how to modify existing ones; my project is to tweak community campaigns (specifically those with errors—to make them playable.
[02:27 am]
Symmetry -- Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
[01:51 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Now that I wanted to change my avatar, the error image is showing up, haha.
[01:34 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
I invite you to try out a mission I'm modifying from *StarCraft Reversed*; I'm trying to make it more playable and challenging.
[01:33 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
[01:31 am]
Ultraviolet -- Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
[12:20 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
[12:04 am]
Ultraviolet -- https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: UndeadStar, Ultraviolet