Staredit Network > Forums > SC2 Assistance > Topic: cliff validation
cliff validation
Apr 7 2011, 3:58 pm
By: Bolshevik09  

Apr 7 2011, 3:58 pm Bolshevik09 Post #1



Is there any condition that checks what cliff level a unit is on?
I tried "unit height" but at any given cliff level, their height = 0
And i don't want to place a region for every cliff i have in the map



None.

Apr 7 2011, 9:21 pm Jack Post #2

>be faceless void >mfw I have no face

Depends on what you want it for. If it's for disabling something data related, you want to look into validators. I wish I could explain more but I don't know enough about them myself ;o



Red classic.

"In short, their absurdities are so extreme that it is painful even to quote them."

Apr 8 2011, 1:14 am Roy Post #3

An artist's depiction of an Extended Unit Death

Unit height is a fixed height of the model of the unit, and will therefore not change if the unit is going up or down on the Z-axis.

I remember struggling with this, as well. Instead of getting the height of the unit, get the height of the point located at the position of the unit (Height At Point, where the point is Position Of Unit). "Height At Point" actually measures the terrain height at a specified area, rather than the height of some object. It's a bit finicky, but as long as you're using it for approximate heights, it should be fine.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Apr 8 2011, 10:10 am by Roy.




Apr 8 2011, 3:08 am Bolshevik09 Post #4



Quote from Roy
Unit height is a fixed height of the model of the unit, and will therefore not change if the unit is going up or down on the Z-axis.

I remember struggling with this, as well. Instead of getting the height of the unit, get the height of the point located at the position of the unit (Height At Point, where the point is Position Of Unit). "Height At Point" actually measures the terrain height at a specified area, rather than the height of some object. It's a bit finicky, but as long as you're using it for approximate heights, it should be fine.
Sounds like it would work. Cool beans, let ya know

Edit: Roy you're the man! "Height at Point" does the trick!
Now note that "height of Point" does not work so stay away from it!

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Apr 8 2011, 9:41 am by Roy. Reason: Try not to double-post



None.

Apr 8 2011, 9:46 am Roy Post #5

An artist's depiction of an Extended Unit Death

Slight correction and clarification on what I said earlier about heights:

1. "Height Of Point" and "Height Of Unit" measure the distance between the point/unit and the ground. Ground units would have a height of 0, while air units would have a value greater than 0 for their height.
2. "Height Of Point" will always default to 0 for 2-dimensional points.
3. "Height At Point" measures the difference between (what I assume is) the default terrain height and the terrain at a specified point.

Post has been edited 3 time(s), last time on Apr 8 2011, 10:07 am by Roy.




Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[02:53 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: I'll check it out this weekend!
Thanks
[02:47 am]
Symmetry -- I'll check it out this weekend!
[02:40 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
I invite you to try out the map I modified. I don't have the creativity to create maps from scratch, but I do have the know-how to modify existing ones; my project is to tweak community campaigns (specifically those with errors—to make them playable.
[02:27 am]
Symmetry -- Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
[01:51 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Now that I wanted to change my avatar, the error image is showing up, haha.
[01:34 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
I invite you to try out a mission I'm modifying from *StarCraft Reversed*; I'm trying to make it more playable and challenging.
[01:33 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
[01:31 am]
Ultraviolet -- Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
[12:20 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
[12:04 am]
Ultraviolet -- https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: UndeadStar, Ultraviolet